Don't Want to Live Forever?!... Is Satan Right???!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When JWs preach, they get the most people because of the hope of living forever in a paradise-like earth.

When somebody is looking to leave, what's their first objection? "Jah is going to give you eternal life. Don't you want to live forever?"

Then, when Satan presented the allegation that man serves God in the interest of man's own flesh, was he ultimately correct?

He was!!! According to the JW theory anyway.

Thoughts on this please.

DY

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Your point has been proven again and again. The WTS and JWs as a whole do not volunteer to actually help other people, they don't donate to humanitarian efforts. Their "volunteer" work consists of helping themselves convert new people and helping their own organization by having free labor. It's all in their OWN interests.

You go door to door and go the Hall because the carrot is being dangled, the idea of getting your own beautiful home, paradise conditions, living forever in what looks to be Tahiti with no sickness. If there was absolutely NO carrot, would they go? I don't think so.

Yes, I do believe there are those that just believe and are truly trying to serve God. However that is not the organization's philosophy.

• doogie
    doogie

satan wasn't such a bad guy in the bible. he was honest, reliable, charming and the only harm he ever did was with God's full permission.

IMO Satan was absolutely right.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

With goofy teeth.........."who wants to live foreverrrrrrrrrrrr"

• Ticker
    Ticker

Just Tickled Pink quoted:

You go door to door and go the Hall because the carrot is being dangled, the idea of getting your own beautiful home, paradise conditions, living forever in what looks to be Tahiti with no sickness. If there was absolutely NO carrot, would they go? I don't think so.

This is so true and one thing that always bothered me with JW theology, it seemed to be a selfish motive to serve God due to the primary reason of hoping to reap a reward of eternal life. It was hard to deny this fact as everlasting life was always pushed to the forefront in the watchtower society as the greatest benefit from serving God. I always felt our real motive for serving God should be love for him and love for fellow believers. Just the apeals made to the fleshly desire of our own salvation and longevity bothered my conscience. I do admit it is a genuine gift of grace from God but really is a side effect of our desire to serve him and should not be our primal reason.

Ticker

• defd
    defd

doogies comments were rediculious! Satan honest? ok guy? Has anyone ever lost someone they love in death? Has anyone ever suffered from an illness or were a victim of a crime or some unjustice. Has anyone ever had anything bad happen to them? That is a DIRECT result of Satan the Devil. Doogie Tell someone whos lost a child to Cancer or to violent crime that Satans not such a bad guy. Or to the thousands who take there own lives from worshipping him .... You should be more careful about what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    With goofy teeth.........."who wants to live foreverrrrrrrrrrrr

who waits forever anyway

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Doogie Tell someone whos lost a child to Cancer or to violent crime that Satans not such a bad guy. Or to the thousands who take there own lives from worshipping him .... You should be more careful about what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe Doogie was being a bit facetious, coming from the vantage point of believing that neither god nor satan exists.

I think it's safe to say that people 'take their own lives' from worshipping many gods, not just Satan. Think of all the lives lost to the blood issue, in the name of worshipping the Jehovah god that the Watchtower preaches. Or the lives lost to the terrorists acting in the name of their gods. Religion is like a drug, people become inebriated and do all sorts of crazy things that they wouldn't do if not for its influence.

Would an intelligent high-school graduate pass up a free scholarship to become a window-washing door-to-door book salesman without the influence of religion? Very doubtful.

Dave

• doogie
    doogie

yes, facetious is my middle name.

satan told eve that in the day she eats of the fruit, she would come to be like god, knowing good and bad. she did. satan told the truth (actually, the bible doesn't state satan had anything to do with the garden of eden. it says 'serpent', but we'll assume the bible writer forgot to mention is was satan).

satan told eve that in the day she ate of the fruit, she would not die. she did not. satan told the truth.

the cause of sickness, death and suffering (according to the bible) was the sins of adam and eve. not satan. it was god who administered the punishment. not satan. the only individuals that satan killed in the bible were Job's family. with god's full permission. god killed countless humans. the god of the bible is a far worse monster than satan could've even dreamed of. IMHO, of course.

• defd
    defd

The bible calls Satan the Father of the lie and a the original manslayer. The name Satan the Devil means (SATAN) resister (DEVIL) slanderer

In the Eden account God said that they would die and that they did. They were created to live forever. As we know they died.Just as Jehovah God had said. The Devil said they wouldnt ( LIE) Thats all the proof i need!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit