The Watchtower - Making the case for social responsibility

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

This is a very important subject

If it where proved that the WT is not really a charity, it would have huge ramifications for the WT to continue as it does.

Maybe thats where the battle is?

• moanzy
    moanzy

My mom always said they are giving something better to society than helping the causes or community. THEY ARE GIVING PEOPLE EVERLASTING LIFE!!!!

I would like JW's to look at some poor child that is so hungry and just wants a cracker and tell him all he needs is to study the bible. The FDS just doesn't see that door to door work just doesn't equate to truly lending a hand to someone in genuine need.

Moanzy

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    My mom always said they are giving something better to society than helping the causes or community. THEY ARE GIVING PEOPLE EVERLASTING LIFE!!!!

Yeah, I remember that. One time this elder was telling us about this 'experience' in FS. There was this guy begging on the street and all he did was give him a WT and said some corny JW thing like above. They don't do anyone any good.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I think it would be great if the government refused to allow tax-exempt status to any religious organization that does not engage in substantial charitable works--something beyond disaster relief. My experience is that they don't care a hoot about the needy or the elderly once they are past the point where they can be "useful" in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit