I Made Some Placements!!!!

by DocHayes 8 Replies latest jw friends

• DocHayes
    DocHayes

For the past few weeks at work, I've been talking with a co-worker about my life as JW, and the doctrine. He was fairly interested since he had studied the dubs in the past. During one of our discussions about religion, we got on the subject of Revelation. I told him about the Revelation book, and he wanted to see it. I went home and dug out my old publications, and found a Revelation book (albiet all marked up). I also let him borrow a copy of the Reasoning Book, OM Book, and NWT Bible.

Wow. Someone get me a field service slip. I'm gonna count an hour of field service too.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Those numbers should be counted, shouldn't they! Why not "donate" them to an "inactive" JW in this forum, who could finally give some figures to the elders monthly harrassing him/her for their hours....

• JAVA
    JAVA

Doc, don't forget to count the time at the coffee shop, too! If your friend is interested, Crisis of Conscience is a good read.

• Preston
    Preston

Doc, you had a better month than I did!

- Preston

• vitty
    vitty

I remember placing that book, well my partner did

We where really shocked when the householder said she would be really interested in reading it.

Anyway we charged for lit then, so there she was scrabbling about looking for money i think about £2.50

she was looking in her car for loose change when i said to my partner oh just give it to her she obviously really wants it she replied "if shes deserving shell find the money" I was gob smacked and really embarrist

I was really enthuiastic then but a little bit of my heart grew cold

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You mean there's still uses for WT literature besides the trash heap?

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Doc, maybe you can give your experience at the next assembly!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

ON the subject of this thread, I just read that the literature offer for Jan was

ALL BOOKS PUBLISHED PRIOR TO 1990.

No kidding.

This means that all books that espoused the erroneous 1914 doctrine, the old blood view, the old military alternative view, will all be given to people in the door to door work.

More proof that this is just a publishing company??>

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Wow, that was more placements than I ever made in my entire life as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit