Microsoft Donation and WTS

by MacHislopp 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

:: I don't usually go here ..... but .... I remember an old H20 thread that suggested someone saw an Awake! or a WT rag beside Bill Gates in a restaurant interview with 60 minutes ........

Neither do I, but ... I've been told that Gates has housekeepers who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Will catch you when my plate is a little less full, Raptor.

Max

• fodeja
    fodeja
    compacs very grateful to them too

So what? That's normal business. They're purchasing all sorts of stuff from all sorts of companies all the time, obviously.

We're talking about donations.

As regards Bill Gates, I seem to recall the usual rumours that he (like almost every other prominent person on this planet) supposedly started a bible study some time ago. It may well be that this rumour was started by Dubs seeing that TV show, who knows. Most probably total nonsense like 99.9% of congregation gossip. Even if the guy had some connections to the WTS, it would hardly be relevant for Microsoft's donation policy. Microsoft isn't Gates' private little shop.

f.

• Maximus
    Maximus

Right on, f. If the interview had taken place in a laundromat, you would have seen a ton of old mags. On another Microsoft theme, scroll for all 3 panels:

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for your comments, I was sure that

the information was ...a good one.

To Qwerty: thanks for the added point. Logical question...
    will we find the answer?

To Nelly 136: Thanks for the " quote " abour Compaq!
    Great .

Greetings to all, J.C.MacHislopp

• fodeja
    fodeja
    I hope Microsoft sends them 10,000 copies of Windows ME. That'll set the WTS back 100 years!

For what it's worth: God's channel of communication on the Internet, www.watchtower.org, is running on FreeBSD (yay!). And you people said they don't have qualified IT personnel...tsk, tsk, tsk.

f.

p.s.: Check out http://www.freebsd.org/ and take a good look at the BSD mascot

• willy_think
    willy_think

"Many people equate the word ``daemon'' with the word ``demon,'' implying some kind of Satanic connection between UNIX and the underworld. This is an egregious misunderstanding. ``Daemon'' is actually a much older form of ``demon''; daemons have no particular bias towards good or evil, but rather serve to help define a person's character or personality. The ancient Greeks' concept of a ``personal daemon'' was similar to the modern concept of a ``guardian angel'' --- ``eudaemonia'' is the state of being helped or protected by a kindly spirit. As a rule, UNIX systems seem to be infested with both daemons and demons." (p403)

just clicked the demon in the lower right.
    looks like the WT have a ``guardian angel''

"Many people equate the word ``daemon'' with the word ``demon,''

do you think the pic helps people "equate"

• fodeja
    fodeja
    looks like the WT have a ``guardian angel''

To be fair, they've outsourced their Web hosting to Verio, one of the biggest Internet hosting companies in the USA. But anyway, wouldn't this be a good reason for a nice letter from a concerned brother? ;-)

f.

p.s.: Re the Microsoft donations thing, could any of our American friends ring up Microsoft and/or the WTS and ask them about it? I'd really like to hear about the Watchtower's ongoing secular community service program...

• JanH
    JanH

For what it's worth: Bill Gates is a well known atheist.

I could guess that the donation can have something to do with the fact that some JWs are employed in M$... perhaps they just donate to the whole list of possible beneficiaries?

Hmm: I support that WinMe idea!

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for your interesting comments and
    valuable informations. It would be nice to find out
    how on earth, the WTS gets donations from MICROSOFT...
    and ...others!

Greetings, J.C;MacHislopp

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

My brother's company has a thing every year were each employee is given $100 to donate to a charity of their choice...a corporation as large as microsoft probbaly dosent have time to make sure all these charities are actually charity. SO likley one of the employees who is a drone gave his $100 to the only charity the borg allow him to give to.

-Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit