I wonder what the wave meant..

by Bas 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Bas
    Bas

Did any of you people notice the earthquake in Indonesia two days ago? Well it didn't cause any tsunami but it was quite heavy (8.somthin)

Anyway, I realized that this earthquake came the day after Easter, like the Tsunami came the day after Xmas.

What's more is that in 2003 a big earthquake struck Bam, Iran...on...you guessed it, the day after Xmas.

I don't know if it should mean anything, just noticed the coincidence. What do you think the WT makes of this? Or the Muslims for that matter.

Bas

• jula71
    jula71

EARTHQUAKES!!!! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

If the WTS made something of the occurences it would be a bit hypocritical as they don't believe in Xmas & Easter. They'd have a hard time explaining the significance.

It is an interesting coincidence though. I was thinking if it has anything to do with the full moon. There was a full moon on Dec 26th and there is always one at easter. The moon can affect the sea and if the sea is agitated maybe it can exacerbate a fault line under the ocean that was waiting to rupture. Just a theory, probably wrong.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I would have to agree that's a very interesting coincidence, I am sure the "worldy" christians are speculating though. Anyways JW's don't celebrate or give special meaning to Easter or Christmas.

Dragonlady76

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

BAS

Check out this Washington Post artical Divining a Reason for the Tsunami

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57758-2005Jan7.html

steve

• Bryan
    Bryan

Good read. God bringing death to a people to prove something is a little off. All God would have to do is turn the sky purple and let the whole world hear him/her say, "Stop killing each other". And I bet the killing would stop... for the most part.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

New Worldly Translation

God sent it, see!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    It is an interesting coincidence though. I was thinking if it has anything to do with the full moon. There was a full moon on Dec 26th and there is always one at easter. The moon can affect the sea and if the sea is agitated maybe it can exacerbate a fault line under the ocean that was waiting to rupture. Just a theory, probably wrong.

For me this has far more significance than any holiday. Kevan and I both notice when it's full moon and new moon. People are more erratic in driving, walking, shopping, etc. Kev and I are noticable affected by some moons. New moon is on the same side of the earth as the sun, and may actually exhert more influence.

Easter is usually at least 4 days after full moon, as the first full moon after spring equinox signals the date Jesus died, so that would be at minimum on the Thursday night before Good Friday.

There is a good PBS show on the tsunami and earthquakes just made. I couldn't stay up for it, but Kev watched it and said it was really good. We're going to tape it so I can see it.

The reason why this 8.7 earthquake did not produce a tsunami, is how the faults moved. Vertical movement will usually trigger a tsunami, as it displaces water. Horizontal movement does not displace water. Landslides into the sea, and under the sea, if it displaces water will produce a tsunami.

What pisses me off is there are 8 people sueing NOAA for lack of warning! Hey, if you go to a 3rd world country, you are responsible for yourself.

• Bas
    Bas

Worldly! LMFAO..

And no one wants to worship a god that can't kill as many folks as that phony Muslim god over there in them sand countries."

Thanks for the Article STEVE, it was a more "balanced" read than Worldly's (still laughing)

Bas

New Worldly Translation
    Kev and I are noticable affected by some moons

Aha, you're both lunatics!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit