Whats the WEIRDEST/FUNNIEST teaching of the WTBTS?

by Pwned 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

making women put a napkin on their head in the presence of a male to say a prayer or whatever. that always made me laugh.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Aluminum is dangerous! And Shaklee is good!!!

weirdos

• heathen
    heathen

That they have the truth .

• JW83
    JW83

That knocking on doors for a couple of hours a week & thrusting a couple of magazines at a handful of people will SAVE THE WORLD!!

• badboy
    badboy

tHAT THE LEVIATHAN/BEHEMOTH WAS A REFERENCE TO STEAM ENGINES.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

water canopy

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The new testament is really only for 8500 people on earth,and Jesus is also only mediator for these 8500 people.What the other 6 billion people?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Giving your pet a blood transfusion is a sin against Joe Hoba.

*** w64 2/15 127-8 Questions from Readers ***
    รณ Would it be a violation of the Scriptures for a Christian to permit a veterinarian to give blood transfusions to a pet?

The psalmist declared at Psalm 119:97: "How I do love your law! All day long it is my concern." Such a love of God?s law and a concern for it would surely cause a dedicated servant of God to avoid any violation of God?s law whatsoever. God?s law on blood is very clear. Blood is not to be used as food and, when withdrawn from a body, it is to be poured out on the ground. (Gen. 9:3, 4; Lev. 3:17; Deut. 12:16, 23, 24; Acts 15:20, 28, 29) Christians certainly would not wish to do anything in violation of Jehovah?s law on blood. Love for God and for the righteous laws and principles of his Word calls forth that response from them in matters pertaining to blood.

Since God?s law on blood has not been altered over the centuries, Christians today realize that they are bound by it. Please note, however, that it is not fear of some reprisal that moves them to comply with Jehovah?s law on blood. They do not obey God?s law simply because violation of it might result in the imposing of sanctions by the Christian congregation of which they are a part. They love what is right. Furthermore, because of their love of God?s law they will not rationalize or seek ways in which it appears possible to circumscribe it with seeming impunity.

How, then, must we answer the question, Would it be a violation of the Scriptures for a Christian to permit a veterinarian to give blood transfusions to a pet? By all means, to do so would be a violation of the Scriptures. To use blood for transfusion purposes, even in the case of an animal, would be improper. The Bible is very clear in showing that blood should not be eaten. It should not be infused, therefore, to build up the body?s vital forces, either in the case of a human or in the case of a pet o r any other animal under the jurisdiction of a Christian.

In harmony with this, surely a Christian parent could not rationalize to the effect that a pet belongs to a minor child and thus this unbaptized child might, on its own, authorize a veterinarian to administer the blood. No. The baptized parent bears the responsibility, for that parent has authority over the child and over the pet and should control the entire matter. That is the parent?s obligation before God.?Eccl. 12:13, 14; Jas. 4:17.

• garybuss
    garybuss

From four to six quarts of warm water injected into the colon
    is what constitutes an internal bath. It should be taken every
    day for at least six months...(Golden Age, 3/31/1920 p.437-8)

• fairchild
    fairchild
    making women put a napkin on their head in the presence of a male to say a prayer or whatever. that always made me laugh.

Makes me laugh as well. I remember a couple of times at the book study when there was not a man around to read.. one of the women read and was wearing a huge hat with flowers sticking out all over the place. I remember thinking that the hat was more disrespectful than a bare head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit