Religious Poll & Your Thoughts

by Valis 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

I was thinking of doing a poll of our users about religions. What I would like is for you to submit a question or two about a particular facet of a religion/it's org and a number from 1 to 10 on how important it might be if you were considering any particular religion. If someone answered your question and gave a number please try to come up with a new one or recommend your own number for their question. If I get enough replies I will create a poll and then report the results. Thanks for anyone who wants to contribute and have a great evening.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

How important is it that your religion would have no contradictions in its important or infallible doctrines?

Is that good?

• Valis
    Valis

sure and out of ten how would that rate in importance to you? See I could use that question and insert your own answer in the poll when I compile it.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I'm not sure I understand your number system or maybe I'm just too drunk!

But here is a question that I think would be great to poll and would love to know what others would say:

If you were FORCED to belong to a religion ... any religion ... what religion (even relunctantly) would you choose? It has to be a RECOGNIZED religion ... "Church of Valis" or anything silly like that doesn't count!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would say a ten. (as in most important).

• Valis
    Valis

W_T, I will confess that my query comes from earlier threads today. IMO it isn't just as simple as one religion having what they call "the truth", but moreso what appeals to one as far as being part of an organized religion. For instance, my roomie found a Catholic church where he could work in their offices and help in the food pantry. Those were just as important to him as going to services.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Does this religion unite people or divide them? 10

Does it work to improve the world or sit in judgement of it? 10

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    W_T, I will confess that my query comes from earlier threads today. IMO it isn't just as simple as one religion having what they call "the truth", but moreso what appeals to one as far as being part of an organized religion. For instance, my roomie found a Catholic church where he could work in their offices and help in the food pantry. Those were just as important to him as going to services.

Right! I actually had that in mind when I wrote the question. There is more to belonging to a religion than just believing in its dogma. I guess maybe it might be better worded as what religion could you live with, if you had to?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

My wife offerered this one: Does the church encourage members to reach their intellectual and artistic potential? 10

• doogie
    doogie

does this religion recognize that evolution has and continues to occur? 10

does this religion accept the bible as the infallible word of god or a collection of tribal myths? 10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit