An interesting JW Topic on a Mountain Climbing forum!

by dh 12 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Nice thread on a climbing forum, dh! Lol. Good job.

• dh
    dh

and so it continues...

- by - paddlesat16 ? on - 18:43 Tue
    In reply to Alan:
    > (In reply to paddlesat16)
    > do you believe in the wind??
    >
    > proove it exists?

it touches your face when out in the hills and yours and I'm sure a lot of people on here would agree.
    - by - mike tringle ? on - 20:00 TueIn reply to Timmd:
    Bloody ar~se bandits.- by - mike tringle ? on - 20:03 TueIn reply to Boy:

I take it you don't go to church every Sunday then. Had em round myself this Sunday. Only had them for fifteen min's this time though, 45 last time.- by - Nick Selmes ? on - 20:12 TueIn reply to Alan: Would you say there was currently more or less than 144'000 jehovah's witnesses to date?- by - dh ? on - 20:35 TueThis topic was so interesting I had to share it with other JW & Ex JW friends... Maybe some of them will come and post over here as well, and give an even more detailed view on what the JW's are really about, or if not, no doubt anyone interested here can check out this forum and see for themselves.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/87904/1.ashx- by - mike tringle ? on - 20:38 TueIn reply to dh:

Cheers for that, will go on it now, will see if I can contribute in any way.- by - dh ? on - 20:40 TueIn response to Alan when he asked WHEN the JW predicted the end of the world wrongly... it is well documented and really too much detail for me to retype here when it's already all over the place online. Here is one link that pretty much runs through it...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness8.htm- by - Aminal ? on - 20:43 TueIn reply to Nick Selmes:
    > (In reply to Alan) Would you say there was currently more or less than 144'000 jehovah's witnesses to date?
    Then why have'nt the police made an arrest yet?

(the oldun are always the best) - by - Alan ? on - 20:49 TueIn reply to Nick Selmes:

world wide 6 million+

why?- by - Timmd ? on - 20:54 TueIn reply to Alan:
    > (In reply to paddlesat16)
    > OK... LOGICALLY....
    > consider this: every house has a builder yes?
    > every PC has a builder.What would you say if someone suggested that a house or even a PC just happened to come together in some big bang? its rubbish isn't it?
    >
    > Then how much more would the same apply to us? what's the more complicated, a PC , a house, or the human ?body, even this planet, this universe??
    >

It only takes you one step further though,because then you have the question of who or what created god.(:-)) Maybe humans might be able to see beyond the big bang one day and work out what was before it. - by - Alan ? on - 20:58 TueIn reply to Timmd:

so just because we dont understand it in our infinate wisdom,therfore it cant be???- by - NewBoyoDano ? on - 21:09 TueIn reply to Alan:

Hi Alan, it's me the creator! (of this post anyway :-) )

it's seems a very popular subject, a subject that will never tire nor fade. A subject of love and hate and of war and peace.

Do you think in a roundabout way that we are all heading in the same direction? - whether is Christianity, Hindu, Jewish, Jehovahs Witnesses or Mormon etc. The belief aren't the same but have a certain likeness that threads them all in the cloth?- by - Alan ? on - 21:21 TueIn reply to NewBoyoDano:

Greetings oh mighty one ;)

I think all human beings have within them a spiritual need. a need for answers to certain questions, and its how people find the answers, what satisfiyes them, think thats where you see the differences.As for mainstream christianity, there's 1000's of diiferent views, hence what we see today.

Im happy that i've made the right choice, im not going to tear down or try to bad mouth other people.its what i believe anmd im happy with that.* by - Fat Bumbly Mk2 ? on - 21:26 TueIn reply to Alan:
    Whats the Jovo's line on retrobolting then?* by - Alan ? on - 21:28 TueIn reply to Fat Bumbly Mk2:

only on the weekend ;)* by - jonna ? on - 21:50 TueIn reply to Alan:
    you ve got mail!* by - Alan ? on - 21:53 TueIn reply to jonna:

cheers
    ;)* by - paddlesat16 ? on - 22:14 TueIn reply to Alan: Absolute proof would be the righting of all wrongs, the end to pestilence and disease everyone would live in harmony, but it's never gonna happen as this almighty being doesnt do miracles or stop sunami's from happening or anything else... Proof of existence is????? * by - Richard Smith ? on - 22:26 TueIn reply to NewBoyoDano:

Do what my friend in Canada did when they knocked on his door... Throw beer over them! * by - paddlesat16 ? on - 22:27 TueIn reply to Richard Smith: thats a waste of good beer, a simple feck off normally suffices.* by - marie ? on - 22:28 TueIn reply to Richard Smith: Did they keep a cheap bottle/can next to the door for such occasions?

I, personally, would not want to waste a good ale on them...

;o)* by - marie ? on - 22:28 TueIn reply to paddlesat16: Im just to damn slow... ;o)* by - NewBoyoDano ? on - 23:35 TueIn reply to Richard Smith:

I find it difficult to be rude - JW's usually come to the door rahter smartly dresses, however, if JW's came dressed as chav's bling bling up to eye balls and burberry then throwing beer would be easier!

Perhpas Chavism is a religion? How funny would that be? They still do the dor to door thing, but when you open they do not hold an "Awake" mag but a knife and say "giz yer car keys!!"* by - Boy ? on - 08:55 WedIn reply to Alan:
    > (In reply to Timmd)
    >
    > so just because we dont understand it in our infinate wisdom,therfore it cant be???
    Indeed not. Ans applying the same logic, just because you don't understand evolution, doesn't mean it's not true! * by - Boy ? on - 09:00 WedIn reply to Alan:
    > (In reply to NewBoyoDano)
    >
    > Greetings oh mighty one ;)
    >
    > I think all human beings have within them a spiritual need. a need for answers to certain questions, and its how people find the answers, what satisfiyes them, think thats where you see the differences.As for mainstream christianity, there's 1000's of diiferent views, hence what we see today.
    >
    > Im happy that i've made the right choice, im not going to tear down or try to bad mouth other people.its what i believe anmd im happy with that.

Yes, yes, all very meek and mild, but what you are not telling them, but which is true of all JWs, is that it is your firm beleif that every person who is not a JW will be massacred by God in the forthcoming Armagedon. True or false Alan? * by - Alan ? on - 09:02 WedIn reply to Boy:

Astronomer Robert Jastrow says: "To their chagrin [scientists] have no clear-cut answer, because chemists have never succeeded in reproducing nature's experiments on the creation of life out of nonliving matter. Scientists do not know how that happened."-The Enchanted Loom: Mind in the Universe (New York, 1981), p. 19.

Evolutionist Loren Eiseley acknowledged: "After having chided the theologian for his reliance on myth and miracle, science found itself in the unenviable position of having to create a mythology of its own: namely, the assumption that what, after long effort, could not be proved to take place today had, in truth, taken place in the primeval past."-The Immense Journey (New York, 1957), p. 199.

According to New Scientist: "An increasing number of scientists, most particularly a growing number of evolutionists . . . argue that Darwinian evolutionary theory is no genuine scientific theory at all. . . . Many of the critics have the highest intellectual credentials."-June 25, 1981, p. 828.

Physicist H. S. Lipson said: "The only acceptable explanation is creation. I know that this is anathema to physicists, as indeed it is to me, but we must not reject a theory that we do not like if the experimental evidence supports it." (Italics added.)-Physics Bulletin, 1980, Vol. 31, p. 138.* by - Alan ? on - 09:10 WedIn reply to Boy:

True, and i think some here are more deserving than others.

Jesus foretold for our day this work: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." He also instructed his followers: "Go . . . and make disciples of people of all the nations."-Matt. 24:14; 28:19.

When Jesus sent out his early disciples, he directed them to go to the homes of the people. (Matt. 10:7, 11-13) The apostle Paul said regarding his ministry: "I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house."-Acts 20:20, 21; see also Acts 5:42.

The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one. (Zeph. 2:2, 3) Their calls are motivated by love-first for God, also for their neighbor.

so while what you say is true ( even if you do dramatize it to the extreme, what YOU ALSO fail to say is the reason for us going from door to door,.. to show people, to warn people that this is what we/i believe...* by - Fat Bumbly Mk2 ? on - 09:11 WedIn reply to Alan: Oh dear.. we dont know everything... Shock horror. Run and hide.

Its a cop out - world scares me because I dont understand - We must stop investigating lest we fall off the edge. If there is a Creator, then the Creator itself becomes an object for study and we replace one set of unknowns with another.. Still no better off.

The universe is universal, your god would be another natural phenomonon.

You cannot ask the whole of humanity to stop searching.
  • love11
    love11

Wow! What arrogance to think that all of humanity will be murdered, except those that go to Thursday night meetings! hahahahha

It's interesting to hear their argument since I have been away from their crazy talk for 10 years now. Common sense should tell people that you can't go believing word for word everything that people said hundreds and thousands of years ago. (like...the bible) Maybe if Usama Bin Laden writes on scrolled paper in a cave, than thousands of years from now, people will be following his beliefs!

When I was a kid, I asked my mother a question about that scripture that says something like- If my people do not go out and "spread the good news" than the rocks would cry out my message. I asked her- "Why don't all the jw's in the world stop talking about Jehovah for one day? By the end of the day, the rocks would be talking to people about god and then everyone in the world would turn into a jw because it would be such a shock to hear that. I think the organization should order everyone to stop talking about god and test that theory. See what happens, you never know! hahahha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit