Where & how can I post my letter to family? and...

by Frog 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mama
    mama

Wow! What a letter, it is very moving frog. I must say you are very well spoken and wise for a 25 year old. Its funny, i was just thinking about writing a letter to my in-laws who are threatening to get us disassociated if we don't go back to the "truth". Fat chance of that happening. But your letter did inspire me to write them. I know how you feel about the being disfellowshipped or disassociated part at an assembly. Been there, done that. The worst time i think for me though, was at a meeting when this chick sat down beside me and started up a convo, i had to tell her i'm sorry, i am disfellowshipped and she literally jumped up and moved her seat, like i was possessed. Lol at it now but at the time i was so hurt! My family wasn't as bad as yours in that they sat with us at the assembly, but i am sure lots of tongues were wagging at that. But now, years later, we are facing the same crap again, only now, i don't care if they talk to us, we know we are good ppl and they are the unchristlike ones. Hang in there, and I hope that your letters are well received and I pray that God opens their hearts and minds so they will actually sit down and read it, verses tearing it up after reading a few lines. There is always that possibility with witnesses that they won't read it but nonetheless sending it is releasing a burden off your heart and showing who really is christian. Keep us posted on how it goes and sorry i am so long winded. Mama

• Brummie
    Brummie

BTTT

Sorry I missed this when it was first posted. Excellent letter!

• alw
    alw

frog, absolutely brilliant!

if that doesnt move them nothing will.

reading your letter reminded me of our shunning of our daughter just last year, and the types of comments she made to us, it moved us to action and i only hope it has the same sort of impact on your family.

the best of luck with the rest of your life, live it to the full regardless of the verdict.

mr.alw

• Shania
    Shania

I cried reading your feelings, knowing how hard it is honey to be treat like garbage by our own moms.

I wish I was at that convention, I would of been proud to sit with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I often want to say to my mom, you make me feel like garbage why an hell didn't you throw me in the garbage when I was born like some teen mom might do..............why have children to treat them so cruelly..........It goes against nature for a parent to treat their kids this way...............I know because I am a parent and I love my child so much that nothing could separate my love for her........even when she bowed out of the religion.........my hubby said I'm not losing my daughter over a religion-----------right attitude but very tough because at the time he was the PO for 10 years and realized what a controling organization this is to the point of dividing parental love from our children---------------this is something Jesus himself would never do.....................

• godblesstheworld
    godblesstheworld

hi frog

your letter is beautiful and tragic. thank you for sharing it.

i was disfellowshipped in 1990. in 1998 i finally wrote a letter
    to my mother, hoping she would hear in my anguished written words
    what she had refused to hear me speak out loud. she did read it,
    but as i had feared, replied as a devoted witness should.

now i am going to share your letter with her. i don't expect to
    reach her this time either, but try i will. i have occasionaly
    gotten the urge to send her info that i come across, but so far
    have not done so. your letter, though, is a powerful, searing
    (but gentle), illumination of conditional love masquerading as
    real unconditional love. what you have expressed is what i wished
    i had shared with her.

together we can hope that our mothers (and sisters) receive these
    cries of children with open hearts and minds.

thanks, again

matt in eugene

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit