HOw witnesses view worldly churches !!

by boy@crossroads 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Thank God I only remember one Kingdom Melody (despite my mom's constanting humming them) ....

ts

• under74
    under74

Idiotic!

You know this sounds like every Witness I knew that had an encounter with the outside world. Only the Witnesses that were born into the Witnesses would have put more of a demonic twist on it.

under74 {of the born in it class}

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

well some churches when i was younger i just didn't like! at the ages of 9-12 sitting in a baptist church seeing how the preacher prached and always making funny sounds after each word,seeing the people all into it,but later hearing the women say something like..."pastor what can sure preach!...i don't know what he said but but he can preach up a storm.to me was stupid.because even at that age i thought"whats the sense of being here if i don't know what he's talking about..even now my sista's a holiness.it trips me out to see her body movie very fast and in ways that don't seem natural(i seen it on a film she had).then she tells me jesus is in her..i didn't believe that base on what i read from the bible.then the other member in her church was doing the same thing...she said it was the devil...i'm thinking .."now ain't that a mess?"same chruch,same belief,same body motion...but the devil was in him..not her..i knew then i had to find some place of worship that seem pecaeful...to me!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    Instruments that produce live music rather than the canned variety, candles, goblets, beautiful glass, the horror of it all. I would really hate to go to church in a place like that. I'd much rather to go one isn't called a church, that has no windows, some sad little fake plants in what looks like a stripped down classroom or low rent board meeting room where they don't have men of the cloth, but rather some janitor/window washer/carpet cleaner that can teach me the deep and subtle points of faith that all of these pompus churches have somehow missed or have been blinded to by the demunzzz, although I think I would make the sign of the cross when I go, just to put a smile on my face.

+ 1~!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Sad and Lonely,

I can't knock what you're saying, but I have to wonder if part of the reason you didn't understand the preaching was your age (unless the preacher was just speaking in a way that sounded like the "Taz" or something~! ). Also, you may not know the reasoning behind your sister moving around (dancing, likely) and so misunderstand it.

Remember, wasn't it David danced before the Lord with all his might, and the one who was so against it ended up being in the wrong? This isn't to say I know for sure the cases of which you speak and have seen some evangelical stuff going on I don't agree with, either. But this may be scriptural, after all. Even if that's the case, there are plenty of other churches who teach the Word very clearly and who aren't into intense dancing/praise & worship, etc., and that might be a better fit for you and surely wouldn't bother me to be in that type of church, either~!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit