Tower of Babel is a Star Gate

by crizlee 10 Replies latest jw friends

• crizlee
    crizlee

According to Genesis 11:4, people constructed the Tower of Babel, it was a ziggurat. Ziggurats, which means to be elevated, were built on top of mountains. Now there was a scripture that tells of a ladder appearing from the sky and an angel of the Lord came down this ladder to speak with Jacob and then went back up it to the heavens. Scripture often talks about God being "high on a mountain" suggesting to people who wanted to meet God or tried to emulate heavenly beings to build tall structures in high places to get up to the heavens or perhaps to a parallel universe.

There was a conspiracy theory that I heard, that the US is really in Middle East to find this Stargate; Iraq use to be Ancient Babylon. I heard stories that Saddam had German Archaeologists dig up ruins in Iraq possibly looking for this Stargate. Now this could explain why Germany was against the US going to war with Iraq.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I haven't posted here in a long time; but found your writing very interesting. It would seem to be a very possible conclusion to reach.

We are given clues and messages about our life here, past, present and future. These messages come to us from all avenues of life--through every avenue that connects creation.

I am still waiting to find what is truly hidden beneath the Sphinx in Egypt. Notice how their government has restricted the US from exploration--unless it is all done by that big wig guy over there. He tends to still give credit to everything there, the pyramids, etc. to the Egyptians. I believe those things were in fact created a very long time prior, and perhaps were even covered by water. The Egyptians claimed them as their own. They removed the gold covering from them and changed the symbols.

Time will tell.

Sentinel

• crizlee
    crizlee

Researching this stuff was very fun...maybe I should become an Archaeologist?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey crizlee,

I wonder where we sign up for the SGC once they find it? I wanna go! I wanna go!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Ziggurats, which means to be elevated, were built on top of mountains

You might wish to check the topography of Iraq...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Or a science-fiction writer.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

It is quite likely the Sphinx is older. The best theories involve its base being wind-sculpted rock that was used due to its resembalance to the shape they wanted. There are certainly signs of water erosion on the Sphinx; the other pyramids in the area though shown no such signs and date to after the Sphinx.

Quite frankly, as Egypt had most of her treasure looted in antiquity or by Europeans in the 19th and 20th Century, I find their insistance that they will carry out any investigations on what is their sovereign territory as unsurprising as the USA insisting they get to dig up their own past. Imagine a group of Egyptians demanding to be allowed to dig up First Nation artifacts!

As for StarGates...

... As Nark has already pointed out, there seems to be tad of confusion between pre-Colombian temples in Central and South America (which were sometimes on mountains) and ziggurats in Mesopotamia which were not built on mountains. Those that really want to believe will do so despite the lack of evidence and are welcome to it if they find it a fun pastime. However, if all TV-series or films had some basis in fact we would find a tribe of Smurfs somewhere, the Ark of the Covenant would be in a US warehouse, and the London Eye would be a dish to broadcast signals to all plastic objects in an attempt to take over the world.

It seems more likely that the line between fantasy and fact is blurrier for some than for others. Of course, I a a dupe/a plant for the lizard overlords, I'm bound to say that.

• Mary
    Mary
    It is quite likely the Sphinx is older. The best theories involve its base being wind-sculpted rock that was used due to its resembalance to the shape they wanted. There are certainly signs of water erosion on the Sphinx; the other pyramids in the area though shown no such signs and date to after the Sphinx.

I had read this too. The erosion on the Sphinx was caused by water damage, not wind damage and the last time there was a major flood in Egypt was about 10,000 years ago. The theory is that some ancients carved a monument of a lion, a flood came and buried the monument up to the neck in mud and dirt. Then 5,000 years ago, the Egyptians re-carved the head into the Sphinx and eventually the body was cleared of mud. While we can't be 100% sure that this is what happened, it is an interesting theory. The Sphinx's head is totally out of proportion with the rest of the body---it's way too small and it's not like the Egyptians to build something that's disproportionate like that.

As for crizlee's Stargate theory, I think someone's been watching too much TV.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I am still waiting to find what is truly hidden beneath the Sphinx in Egypt

It's sand... shsssss big secret we can't let it out!

Or a crackpot... Maybe it's too late for that though!

While we can't be 100% sure that this is what happened, it is an interesting theory.

On the other had we CAN be 100% sure that it's NOT what happened!

http://www.margaretmorrisbooks.com/atlantis_and_giza.html#WATER%20DAMAGE%20ON%20THE%20SPHINX

Stop with the aliens and atlantis and god and ghost and witches... it's all just crap guys

• Bas
    Bas
    I am still waiting to find what is truly hidden beneath the Sphinx in Egypt

I did hear about this room located between it's frontpaws 10 metres below the surface. Appearantly the Egyptian government won't allow it to be opened. They've only known about this room since the late 20th century when they found it using echoscopy.

Stargates? I think this would be rather farfetched, but you know truth is sometimes stranger than fiction so if you'd come up with something even more farfetched i just might believe you

Bas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit