Will married partners reunite at resurrection? And what does that imply.

by cyborgVision 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I had this argument with some elders when I was a JW. My position was that those who had an earthly resurrection would be able to marry. The society has said that God's original purpose must be fulfilled, that he would not allow sin to derail his purpose. Since Adam and Eve were together before they sinned, marriage must also be part of God's original purpose. God never indicated that marriage would be terminated at some future date. The society has also stated that the new testement was primarily for the "144,000". If that's the case, then Jesus' words about resurrected ones being like angels must apply to them, not to those with an earthly hope.

The elders then told me we shouldn't engage in "speculation". I answered that the society was engaging in "speculation" on this matter, and that I was merely refuting their speculation.

Walter

• FairMind
    FairMind

Jesus was speaking to the Sadducees who did not believe in the resurrection. The resurrection in dispute must have been life again on Earth as that is what the majority of Jews looked forward to. So, if we accept what Jesus was saying, then it seems to imply that those resurrected to earthly life will be like the angels and not marry because they will not desire sex (not such a big deal is it?). If one accepts the Bible as Gods word then why not accept the answer Jesus gave?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

What about Neffalum, day wuz angels? And quite piggy I might add.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit