questions about a non-JW marrying a JW

by magpie 10 Replies latest social relationships

• magpie
    magpie

Just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts (and some great information). The whole situation is a new one for the family. From what we know of her, Angela seems like a sweet girl. She went out of her way to visit my uncle when he came home from knee surgery. When she had Christmas dinner with the family, she was friendly and chatted with everybody. I'm just . . . concerned, you know? I certainly wish them both happy, but there's this part of me that worries that this relationship may be doomed to failure from the beginning. I'm just trying to get some feel of how all of this will affect the relationship. I am, of course, getting some of this information second-hand. The first post I'd heard first-hand. Most of the info in the second one came from my aunt, and some of the details may have gotten twisted. I don't what else might have been said. The Leological One - Don't worry about the locks. Angela's Mom just uses the spare key she has to her apartment. My cousin owns his own house, so after they get married, they'd live there . . . and Angela's mom wouldn't be getting a key. (But believe me, I couldn't stand that. If my mother tried that . . . oh how the fur would fly, lol. But then again, my Mom wouldn't do stuff like that.) But on that topic, after my cousin proposed, she was rather eager to tell her mother - was she maybe eager to rub it in if her mother disapproved? I don't know. I guess the only thing we really can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best, right? Only time will tell. Thanks for all of the help everybody!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit