JW's And the Son(s) of God

by RevFrank 4 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

According to the Witnesses and Romans 8,many of the Witnesses denie being a part of the Spirit of God, especially considering Romans 8:9...........yet.......According to 1 John 5:1....first word in that chapter.....WhoEver, meaning all of us.

So it's fair to say is everyone who believes and loves Him is a believer and therefore are Son's of God.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Nice one, that's going on my list of favourite Bible quotations to use with JWs. Many thanks!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

RevFrank:

The Watchtower will say that scripture only applies to the 144,000. They and Jesus are the only sons of God. The Watchtower will say that the Bible was not written about the Great Crowd but the Great Crowd does benefit from its study and will enjoy blessings from Christ and His brothers on the parardise Earth.

I think this is crap, but that is how the Watchtower would explain that seeming contradiction.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi Guys:

What Robert says is true. That is indeed the teaching of the Society. So, I guess the bottom line is, whom are you going to believe? Will you believe Jesus, when he says the things he says, or will you believe a group of men in Bethel, whom most of us will never ever meet? Will we believe Jehovah who says: This (Jesus) is my son, listen to him. Or, will we believe a group of men in Bethel for whom we have been warned by God: "Do not put your trust in nobles nor in the son of earthling man in whom no salvation belongs"? As I see it, either you believe God and Christ or you don't.

Inkie

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Any Time :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit