If The Watchtower were to go bankrupt from lawsuits,Do you think GB and...?

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If The Watchtower were to go bankrupt from lawsuits??? Do you think the Governing Body and friends would try to hide large sums of money??

My reasoning is:

Being that the Governing Body thinks that the governments are of Satan, why wouldn?t they try to out smart their enemies,, and since they think they have God?s blessing maybe they would also figure that some how they would be able to pull it off. A kind of Martha Stewart move??

This of course is basing on the ASSumption that they really believe the crap they are feeding the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Golf
    Golf

The baptism questionaire protects them. They can afford to go court but are individual witnesses?

Golf

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Golf,

Isn't their some class action suit going on against the WT concerning child molestation by Knorris,,and something about fudiciary responcibility?? And what about the Whistle Blower vialation concerning those that went on dateline??? I think the pins are all lined up and the ball is rolling to hit a strike.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If a person was high up in the Watchtower and they seen someone putting some money aside would they? A) Ask for some money and other perks in order to maintian silence or B) Turn in the person to the IRS.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I was wondering the same thing frankie. I'm sure they could and probably have figured out how to hide protect their a$$ets by now.

One way I see this happening right smack in front of the faces of their members is by dummying down the food at the proper season by putting the AWAKE! ASLEEP! to a monthly rag. Books in soft cover rather than hard cover, plus they just aren't printing hardly any new material (books) other than the OM book as of late.

I'm sure there are other areas they are saving money, one is combining congregations and selling Kingdom Halls. I've also noticed that they are combining more districts to go to one centrally located Convention. These things save them money plus it isn't so obvious to the R & F that the numbers are declining.

Just some thoughts of mine on the subject.

Kate

• Forscher
    Forscher

As I recall, they did move most of the French branch's assets and monies out of France before the Gov't could sieze it to cover the taxes they tried to levy. So I don't doubt they'd do something like that here if they had to.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

How does the baptism questionnaire help them?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We must remember that about a year and a half ago they announced that the JWs would be known through several registered incorporated names and things. I'm sure that they are smart enough to have the money split between the various orgs. I'm also willing to bet that the GB has property in each members name (to be sold in case of whatever). I was told by an ex-bethelite that the apartment buildings (in Brooklyn) that are linked by those underground tunnels had to be sold from one JW org to another JW org so they all had the same owner so the org wasnt taxed like 6 times. But thats just my $0.02

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Positively, Absolutely, Completely, Really, Certainly, Definitinly, Surely they would hide money.

HCM

• lawrence
    lawrence

Lawyers, guns, and money! I'm sure the GB has been using the Cayman Islands and other offshores. In Rutherford's days they used canes at assmeblies, I wonder what kind of arsenal they are building now - hell Joshua and David were warriors...maybe this will be the New Light - "brothers and sisters, we must defend the Theocracy (money supply)."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit