Think twice about eating chili at Wendy's!

by Bumble Bee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Wendy's staff fingers counted as search continues for owner of digit in chili 24/03/2005 8:46:00 PM

(AP) - A woman bit into a partial finger served in a bowl of chili at California a Wendy's restaurant, leading authorities to a use a fingerprint database Thursday to determine who lost the digit.

A portion of a human finger that a woman says she found while eating a bowl of chili at Wendys Restaurant. (AP Photo/Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health)

The incident occurred Tuesday night at a San Jose Wendy's restaurant and left the customer ill and distraught, said Joy Alexiou, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara County Health Department. "She was so emotionally upset once she found out what it was," Alexiou said.

"She was vomiting."

Employees at the Wendy's store were asked to show investigators their fingers after the Tuesday night incident. All employees' digits were accounted for, officials said, adding the well-cooked finger may have come from a food-processing plant that supplies the company.

"All of our employees have ten digits," said Denny Lynch, a spokesman for Wendy's International Inc., based in Dublin, Ohio.

He said there have been no reports to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration of injuries at any supplier of chili ingredients to Wendy's.

"By law, you can't hide that sort of stuff," Lynch said.

"All of our chili suppliers report no accidents."

Investigators seized the remaining chili and closed the restaurant for a few hours late Tuesday.

Health officials said the fingertip was approximately four centimetres long. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail.

Alexiou said the woman who bit into the finger, who asked officials not to identify her, is at minimal risk of contracting illnesses from the finger.

"It's an extremely low chance because the chili was cooked at a very high temperature that would have killed anything in the finger," Alexiou said.

Still, she said health officials would ask the woman's doctor to test her blood "to make sure nothing got passed to her."

• Golf
    Golf

Freddy Fingers, their philosophies are 'silent' destructive forces.

Hey, I eat chil's at Wendy's, I'll have to check out if a JW served me. (pun intended)

Golf

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Hey, I eat chil's at Wendy's, I'll have to check out if a JW served me.

Lol, my 'shopping buddy' called me as soon as she heard the news. We always do our grocery shopping together. Part of our routine is to go to Wendy's. She eats a burger, and I eat... chili.

• Golf
    Golf

Freedy Fingers, using such unnecessary foul language reveals to me you have NO character! "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." You claim to be Christian?

Golf

• KittyLiquor
    KittyLiquor

Yeah, what crawled up his ass and bit him??

• bisous
    bisous

My dear FF: here's a few things I call sick:

My best friend while growing up as a JW admitted to himself he was gay. From the age of 16 he was shunned by his family and religious associates. Upon coming of age he was asked to leave the household. This was a young man who lived an extremely sheltered life the entire time growing up. He was forced to scrape and rely upon stranges, some of whom eventually took gross advantage of him. While he was dying an early and ugly death, no family arrived to be by his side. When the funeral came, he was castigated from the elder delivering the message (ah yes, then he was welcomed back to the Kingdom Hall), and placed up before all as an example of what resulted from his wicked ways.

Here's another. My alcoholic wife-beating stepdaughter molesting stepfather was a Ministerial Servant in the harmless organization you mention. While they were aware of all of his aforementioned habits, the one that eventually resulted in his *disassociation* (hahahahaaaaa-not shunning) was cigarette smoking! Once he went a few months without, he too was welcomed back in. No mention or action for his continue drinking, wife beating and fooling around with his young stepdaughter.

Let's see. How about the people on this board who have loved ones who DIED from their harmless ways -- that's right, that pesky little no blood transfusions, even if you're a kid, rule. hmmmmmmmmmm.

How about the tens of thousands (certainly a very low number) of individuals who have been cut off from family and friends permanently because they are unable to continue to accept their harmless philosophies???

Hey Freddy, I bet you can guess what I think you should do with your self-righteous attitude. The only saving grace I can see is you are 17 and still brainwashed by the cult you belong to.

• KittyLiquor
    KittyLiquor

Looks like not only was a finger removed, but Freddie Fingers was too....lol

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Is it april first already?

• hubert
    hubert

Is chilli a "finger food"?

Hubert

• minimus
    minimus

Seriously. Imagine if they found a penis.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit