Chomping on a Chocolate Cross

by JAVA 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

I saw this article off the AP Wire Service this morning, and thought some on the forum might enjoy the read: "KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) ? A symbol of Christianity that sits atop church steeples, dangles from necks and hangs on walls is now ending up in the mouths of the faithful, over the objections of some religious officials. A mass-produced chocolate cross is being sold this Easter by Russell Stover Candies Inc. in about 5,000 stores nationwide, which experts say is apparently a first for a major American company. "Obviously they've seen that there's a market for chocolate crosses at Easter," said Lisbeth Echeandia, a consultant for Candy Information Service, which monitors candy industry trends. "I don't see it growing tremendously but I think there would be growth in the Christian market." However, not all Christians are happy about it. Chomping on a chocolate cross can be offensive to some, said Joseph McAleer, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic diocese in Bridgeport, Conn."

• Apathy
    Apathy

Hmm, but where are the chocolate stakes? I'd chomp on one of those. =3

• JAVA
    JAVA

Welcome to the forum, Apathy. I see several new ones posting, it's good to see. Maybe some chocolate-covered pretzels could do for the "stakes." :-) I wonder if the Witnesses would go for a chocolate-covered Watchtower?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Whatever is done, made, or said will be condemmed or critisied by someone. There are probably more important issues to debate in this world than some candy company making chocolate crosses! Hope they come in 'dark' chocolate!

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit