Unconditional Love

by God_Delusion 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys & gals,

Have you really ever thought about the term "Unconditional Love"?

It's one of those terms that we as Witnesses get to hear banded about quite a bit, but have you ever truly sat (or stood) and thought about what it implies?

Well here's a shortish article I've knocked together, in which I discuss Unconditional Love and even thrown in a few quotes from our friends over at Watchtower HQ.

Love,
    Jaymes

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Jaymes,

Very nice well written article. I appreciate seeing the '03 quote about unconditional love.

So what happens to that unconditional love if the child is disfellowshipped? 

Then is it supposed to be "conditional" love? And if it can all end that way, then was it ever unconditional to begin with?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I had a similar discussion with my JW mom once. She said something about not accepting her own child if he was gay. (Not the case with her kids so it is easy to say.) She wanted me to agree with her so I went to the other extreme to save time. I said I would accept my own child no matter what and never shun him. She wanted to know if I would let my adult child and his partner in my home. I said "Of course." She said she couldn't do that. Although I would approve,  I was trying to reach her so I said "Accepting and giving unconditional love are not the same as approval if you are hung up on that."
  • millie210
    millie210
    That is a really good point OTWO.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

JWs make a lot of noise about having unconditional love. Their acceptance is all conditional. It's contingent upon going along with their delusional beliefs (or at least pretending to) without ever criticizing the organization and its leaders, never questioning doctrines and practices and never pointing out flaws.

If it's conditional, it ain't love!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit