is America No. 1?

by Pleasuredome 35 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I didn't because there were too many flip-flops performed by his opponent.

That flip-flop catch phrase fooled a lot of people. Don't you know this was part of a very crafty campaign and propaganda? Do you think Bush doesn't and didn't change his mind on political issues? All Senators, not just John Kerry do this. Bush relied on most people's ignorance of senate voting records and patterns to pull a fast one on a good number of American people. Bush's strategists just know that if you promote a misleading catch phrase enough, a significant number will believe it. And they were right.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    All Senators, not just John Kerry do this. Bush relied on most people's ignorance of senate voting records and patterns to pull a fast one on a good number of American people.

Yo, FHN, please explain.... I'm a Canadian and I'm ignorant on this matter.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Yawn....

Why are so many Brits uptight? Always bitching about something. There like that asshole at work who doesn't do shit but finds plenty of stuff to complain about.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Don't you like this bearded version of myself at the age of 98?

Have to be honest Pole... The bearded version of your future self looks straight out of a WT - yikes!

• Xena
    Xena
    Do you think Bush doesn't and didn't change his mind on political issues?

I never understood why it was considered such a bad thing to change your mind. I didn't consider it a black mark against Kerry myself that he was able to adjust his thinking when shown he might be wrong.

I would rather follow someone who had the capability to admit they are wrong then someone who is dogmatic about their opinion come hell or high water.

The US is a very diverse place and I continue to get the feeling that some people don't "get" that fact. We have extremely cosmopolitian areas, extremely rural areas and lots of inbetween areas. When my ex was living in the mountains in Arkansas they ran across people who believed the Moon landings were rigged by the government. Go figure.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yo, FHN, please explain.... I'm a Canadian and I'm ignorant on this matter.

Okay, here's a scenario: you have a bill that deals with late term abortions. It is meant to ban them. But the bill is written so vaguely, that doctors performing a late term pregancy intervention to save the life of the mother can be prosecuted for murder. So Senator Kerry realizes it's a badly written bill that should not be passed. Kerry and many others vote against it. Later someone writes a better bill. This bill is is written very clearly and if passed will accomplish what the first bad bill could have never done: stop unecessary late term abortions, while safeguarding doctors who end life threatening late term pregnancies. So Kerry and others who voted against the first bill vote to pass the second bill dealing with late term abortions.

Did the senators flip flop? No, they wisely voted against one poorly written bill and voted for a better written, more concise bill. This happens all the time with bills. Senators vote against bills pushing for ones that are better written. Bush's campaign strategists took this issue and distorted it to make Kerry look indecisive, a flip flopper. During the presidential debates Kerry did a good job of showing that Bush is just as "indecisive".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit