Who will partake this year/tonight of the wine and bread?

by PinTail 30 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

I remember being told if you partake of the emblems and not be of the anointed the bad things will happen you or at the very least Christ will be real made at you. I have always believed the witness's to be presumptuous on their part of this issue to make such a statement, who are they to say who should and who should not. Does not the bible/Christ, say to do this always in remembrance of me, concerning his followers are we not his followers? Shane

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I won't be going tonight. But for a long time I thought that everyone should partake, not just a few. Jesus gave his command to ALL that were present. He didn't say anyone should be left out.

Walter

• heathen
    heathen

I agree , there is no point sitting there saying prayers over food nobody is going to eat . I think it's blaspheme . I could stay home and remember jesus for all that's worth . The whole thing is actually a dinner anyway and what the WTBTS has shown is it can't even have a church supper without all sorts of stupid rules . I don't remember reading anywhere that the great crowd is excluded from the christian covenent , in fact their salvation is based on the blood of christ the same as the 144k .

• bavman
    bavman

I'll probably have some wine tonight at home. But then that's not really anything new...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Last year, I wanted to sip the wine and take a cracker to put in my mouth. Because of my previous religion experiences, I felt it was wrong to just pass it along when jesus said to 'drink this and eat that'. Where do they get the word passed from anyway? It just supports their 144K/annointed doctrine.

If I were there tonight, I would definately sip and chew before passing it along! They are wrong on that as far as I'm concerned!

• heathen
    heathen

I think in John 6:49-53 jesus is saying that you must eat and drink to be saved .Of course the apostle Paul says you need to discerne for yourself and only after scrutiny should you consider eating and drinking , you do have to approve of yourself in the whole thing , such things like did you put all kingdom interests first in your life ? are you living a double life ?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

In reading Jesus words I find no clear indication that all should not partake.

This is year number two in which I and wifey will not go... but I just bot a couple of good wines and we might have a glass of that.

Jeff

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Call me crazy- but does the Bible say that it should be done once a year? I mean why not once a day / week / month? ANy how- I'll be there, shaking hands and standing in the back so all the old people have a seat... One time one of the elders tripped and fell and dropped a plate of bread... tonight- HES Giving the talk... At least Ill look good.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm gonna go out for beer and wings.

GBL

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

If you partake of the emblems tonight and you are NOT part of the anointed, it will be for you like the final scene of the movie "The Order"

(or perhaps for you that remember, like the chamber scene in Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail)

So be very very careful!

-Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit