Help! Is The Memorial Tonight??

by redskymedic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Sounds like some boundaries definitely need to be established with your mom! She should ask permission to take your son to a religious event...

She's probably already bought him a new suit Did she think he would not fess up to you about it? Would she convince him not to tell you.

You must status back and let us know how it all works out.

Certainly sucks to be strapped for childcare. Leaves you little option. I know that feeling.

My daughter is 10 years old and she is going with her father. She asked permission to go. I asked her why she wanted to go and she said, "because I get to dress up and it is the shortest meeting of the year!" My husband and I also prodded her to see if she knew what it was all about and we realized she pretty much tunes all of it out. She had no clue what it was about beyond the fact that Jesus sacrificed his life for us so I guess she got the most important part of it

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

Typically she has the bookstudy on Thursday nights, so I can't play dumb and say I had no idea there was a meeting tonight. I didn't even give it a second thought or I would have made arrangements to drop him off tomorrow. It's so unusual for her to have him on a meeting night that it didn't occur to me until it was too late. I have thankfully drifted off into a world where *meeting nights* no longer exist.

Red

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Tonight, at 7:30 p.m., for me.

I'll be there for the same old talk and passing of the emblems tonight. Afterwards a group of us 'spiritually weaklings' will go out to a nice restaurant. It'll be fun after the meeting.

DY

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

don't you guys think that just ONE reply in the affirmative was all that was needed for this thread? -Eduardo

• Odrade
    Odrade

What wrong with having a little chat, Eduardo?

• Scully
    Scully

I'd look for alternate child care for tonight. Seriously, why would you want your son to participate in a cult ritual with people who are going to applaud your mother for deceiving you about her intentions in having your son visit a day earlier than usual? Why would you want your son to hang around with people who would gladly turn him into someone who believes that unless he treats you like crap and shuns you, that God will destroy him?

Red, she LIED to you about her intentions. She does not deserve the privilege of having your son in her life. You gave her heck not too long ago about crossing that boundary by inviting your son to her house for a "family dinner" that excluded you. She's getting sneakier and more deceptive since you put your foot down.

If you can get an emergency shift switch (offer someone to work their Easter Sunday) please do it. Your mother needs to know that you'll do whatever you need to do to keep your son out of the Kingdom Hall and away from their indoctrination sessions. She will turn him against you in a heartbeat - she's just proved to me that she doesn't give a rat's ass about your wishes.

Love, Scully (also working night shift tonight)

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

nothing Odrade, it just seemed like the guy asked a simple question. by the way, where is your photo from?

-Eduardo

• redskymedic
    redskymedic
    the guy asked a simple question

I'm not a guy, but that's Ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit