My 7 yer old is saved!

by DrunkWithLiberty 15 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Another thought:

alienation from parents after one friggin visit makes me wonder what kind of damage you'd be looking at after regular sessions.

Alienation from parents is something the Witnesses teach, too. My husband (unbelieving mate) was incensed at our four year old daughter telling him that he was "on Satan's side" because he didn't believe in Jehovah.

I remember trying to smoothe it over; saying that she was exaggerating, that such a thing WASN'T what Jehovah's Witnesses (and I) were teaching our children. But I knew in my heart, it was. Wasn't it.

The four year old grasped clearly that no fence sitting was allowed, and that her daddy would be dying at Armageddon because he was Satan's not Jehovah's.

I am still ashamed.

outnfree

• claudia
    claudia

Mommy, I would have been really pissed off that my childs teacher would have done this. As far as drunkwithliberty, well what did you expect? The fact that you allowed her to go told them it was ok to teach her their beliefs. However, I wouldnt laugh at a child.

• Sozo
    Sozo

I was raised a JW and so much was takin from me - many missed opportunities and celebrations. I remember looking at the pictures in their publications that showed destruction and armegdeon. I remember feeling never feeling worthy and that I might never make it alive into the new world. I believed in God but hated attending meetings as a child I dreaded going mostly because I got little out of the meetings.

After 30 years of JW influence, I attended a church that spoke of God's grace and love. This church welcomes all, come and dress as you are to hear God's love.

My kids have never known the JW life what I found incredible was that all 3 of my kids would get excited going to this church. I never had to ask them or force them to go. The church spoke to them about the love of God and the importance of accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They did speak of hell but it wasn't a hell and damnation threat or scare the pants off the kids to make them receive.

No one can be forced into receiving salvation - that is between the person and God. Receiving salvation is accepting Christ into your heart and receiving his promise of going to heaven - what is the harm in that?

Would you react the same if the child said they wanted to be in a satanic cult or be a wiccan?

Why is it that people will believe in heaven and not hell. They believe in God and not satan. They believe in some of the bible but not all.

Children are very precious to Him and because their spirit is more receptive to Him they are willing to run to Him with no fear.

There are churches that teach hell and damnation approach and it leaves an impression that God is walking around with a hammer ready to smash someone -- its the complete opposite, He will not invade us or push us around to make that choice, its our freewill to say yes or no.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    There are churches that teach hell and damnation approach and it leaves an impression that God is walking around with a hammer ready to smash someone -- its the complete opposite, He will not invade us or push us around to make that choice, its our freewill to say yes or no.

Yes but you have to realize that when you say Accept jesus and be saved or die an eternal torterous death, it's hardly a choice. It's like holding a gun to your head. It's no different than the JW doctrine to be a JW and choose to live forever or leave them and choose to get killed at armagedon. This is why I can't beleive in christianity.

• mommy
    mommy

BB,
    Amen!
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• nelly136
    nelly136

Sozo, I would be very wary of any high pressure selling
    of any belief done on one of my kids whatever the faith be it
    christian or pagan especially at the age of 7, both of my children were sent
    to C of E primary schools where the 'religious education' is
    pretty low key, an occassional visit to church bout twice a term
    and collecting tins for the elderly at harvest festival etc
    the higher improtance being put on being nice, no bullying showing respect for each other adults etc I'm not against them having a basic
    grounding, I let the oldest one go to sunday school for a while,
    fun stuff colouring drawing pictures bible stories etc
    I want them to have choices I didnt, but until theyre old enough
    to be able to research what theyre getting into I'll fend off any
    one that tries to feed them 'do as I do or youre doomed' stuff.
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit