Relationship/Life Pressure

by JW83 13 Replies latest social relationships

• JW83
    JW83

Does anyone else here feel that they have to be 'perfect' & have a great life & never make any mistakes now they are not a JW, just to prove to all the JWs that they made the right decision? Or am I the only one?

• Pwned
    Pwned

i know what you mean. I know my family would never want something bad to happen to me but if something did they would immediately chalk it up to being away from God. when i first left years ago my mom even hit me with the dog-vomit scripture a few times - that hurts. but the fact that me and my family are happy and doing so well is actually a reverse-witness if you will. i kind of see it as an opportunity to show them that people out of the org are normal and happy.

• alw
    alw

jw83 you have always been perfect.

when you were a jw you were perfect

now you are not a jw your perfect.

i cant ever imagine you ever making a mistake.

you are a perfect wife.

you are a perfect mum.

you are a perfect daughter.

love dad. lol

• JW83
    JW83

HAHA, thanks Dad! Dammit, who introduced my parents to this site?!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am soooo jealous! I wish my dad would say just one nice thing to me just once. In fact I wish he would say anything at all. I miss him so much...

hugs to you and your dad xxx

I am starting to want to make my life better - up to now I've pretty much thought the JWs had it right, but now I'm starting to feel pretty ambitious and am looking forward to the future and planning for it. But I don't want to be perfect - there's no one to impress but me - and one of my favourite imperfections is how easy I am to impress, because I've expected so little, up to now, from life!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, I kind of feel that, because I know how they are.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The only thing I felt like I had to prove is that I was HAPPY.

I remember always hearing how everyone that leaves is miserable and unhappy and of course failures. I just wanted to be happy. Turned out that I married well, have a beautiful house, nice life, nice job, great friends. It all ended up coming, the whole package. Am I personally perfect? Hell no, but that's what makes life so interesting. Do I think my life is perfect? Yup, it's perfectly perfect even with all the imperfections.

I'm happy. I passed my own test.

I do feel like if you measured my life against some of my friends growing up, I would come out looking better, but I wouldn't ever want to try to be superior or better than anyone else. I'll leave that up to the JWs to do.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Frank Sinatra is oft quote as saying that massive success is the best revenge. So I'd agree that being hsppy with one's life is what really counts. That is the best thing that can be flung back in people's faces. And especially so when it is a bunch of former associates, be they JWs or anyone else, who wish one nothing but misery like the dubs often do for the ones they shun.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Frank Sinatra is oft quote as saying that massive success is the best revenge. So I'd agree that being happy with one's life is what really counts. That is the best thing that can be flung back in people's faces. And especially so when it is a bunch of former associates, be they JWs or anyone else, who wish one nothing but misery like the dubs often do for the ones they shun.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I love you, Crumpet ! <*spoken with genuine affection*>

I know I'm no relation to you and don't even know you but I appreciate your posts greatly and the above thought was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post above. That's all. Just wanted to let you know.

Hope you have a beautiful day...

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit