Something JWs don't understand how to do

by enigma1863 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I had to share this quote. It reminds me of trying to reason with JWs. You can only go so far before they shut down.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Yes.  Many (most) JW's will not entertain any thought that conflicts with their existing belief system.  
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Absolutely, at the very least you can better understand the person who has introduced the idea to you. Perhaps you might begin to have a whole new perspective on life if you entertain a thought you might previously have dismissed out of hand. Where would philosophy and theoretical physics be without the thought experiment.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-famous-thought-experiments.php

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Love that quote, and I agree 100%.  Just trying to get a JW to entertain a premise that they don't agree with in order to draw a logical conclusion is impossible.  For example, they'll claim that evolution couldn't have created the eye.  If someone entertains the idea of evolution, it's easy to see how our eyes could have formed that way, but as soon as you start talking about it they immediately reject it because they think you're trying to force it on them.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    they're unable and unwilling to discuss or think rationally about anything that may from their perspective weaken or cast doubt on their faith or their personal perception of what faith is..It is as if to begin such a thinking process is a form of self abuse..any attempt to get them to think 'outside their wt made box' is interpreted as an act of satan ....they cannot think rationally or independently because that is something satan would do and did do when he rebelled...so it's a No No from the start.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

100% agree

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB are men who cannot entertain any thoughts but their own collective thought. They are the "intellectual" descendants of Rutherford, a man who tolerated no thought but his own. 

Is it any wonder that the JW legacy is one of ignorance and arrogance? JWs absolutely cannot entertain any thoughts that are not WTBTS approved. 

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit