hey, today's my forum birthday

by DanTheMan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Wow, 3 years since I first found this place and joined the fray. I think I've spent more time here over the past three years than I did during the last three years I attended the KH.

I've been up and down quite a bit since leaving the cult, cults attract people who are emotional cripples and I am no exception, and the cult only makes you worse. If you all only knew though how much I've changed and expanded since leaving the borg, and I have this board to thank for that more than anything else.

I can't express enough how happy I am that I was able to find a way out of the JW's. I came to hate that overbearing, power-mad religion so much, but I lacked the critical thinking to really understand why, I always felt that I was the problem, and my last year in I was so discouraged that I often thought of suicide. Mustering the courage to type "Jehovah's Witnesses" into a search engine literally saved my life.

Nowadays I work and read and hang out with my family and take care of my house and date worldly women and laze around on the weekends and I do it without GUILT. No guilt over unread magazines, no guilt over skipping Saturday service, no guilt for not preparing for meetings, no guilt for not "reaching out" to qualify for "additional privileges" in the congregation, no guilt for not "making room" for pioneering...the list could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I was as guilt-ridden as JW's come, now I am free from that and it is fucking awesome.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Happy JWD birthday Dan. I'll have plenty of these for you later. I don't work till 1:00 tommorow.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey happy JWD anniversary Dan

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Happy Anniversary Dan!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Happy JWD Birthday Dan!

• fairchild
    fairchild

You're the man, Dan! Happy happy JWD birthday.

• talesin
    talesin

Congrats, Dan!

You`ve come a long way. I`m so glad you made that leap, and clicked onto here.

From reading you over the past couple of years, it`s plain to see that you are a much happier person, less angry and depressed. It shows. I`m happy to hear that yet another person has escaped the Tower and, in such a short time, really, is relaxing into a normal life.

Right on, dude. And watch out for dem worldly wymmins!

tal

• kls
    kls

Happy 3 years Dan

Dan i have noticed that just in the past year you have changed for the better and become so much stronger,,,,WAY TO GO DAN !!!!!!!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey thanks everyone!

I'm off to bed now.

• kls
    kls

Yes Dan go to bed and sleep off them wrinkles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,( your avatar )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit