Update on my disassociation

by Dustin 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Well, it's over. I went to the Kingdom Hall for the very last time. I went in the door in my Guns n Roses T-shirt and ripped up Lucky jeans, new earrings and goatee. I went up to the PO of the congregation and told him I needed to talk to him. He asked if I wanted to step outside. So we went out and I told him I was disassociating myself from the Jehovah's Witnesses. He asked me why, so I told him to read my letter.

Elder Body of

I no longer wish to be considered one of Jehovah?s Witnesses. From this day forward I consider myself disassociated from the Jehovah?s Witness religion. I no longer believe or live your teachings. I consider you to be a false religion that bases their hopes around the teachings of men. I despise how your religion tears families apart, and destroys lives all for the sake of the Governing Body?s own insecurities. Your religion destroyed many of my hopes and dreams, and for that I have nothing but hatred and contempt for everything having to do with this false religious cult. You do not own me any longer. I see this religion for what it truly is, the ?false truth?.

The elders always thought it was fun to toy with the emotions of me and my beautiful wife Danielle. Those who are power-hungry and arrogant like Michael L______ and Steve T_______. Always trying to tell others what to do, without any regard to the love they are supposed to show their fellow brothers and sisters. They showed no love or compassion in dealing with us. Thank you for marking me.

Thank you for trying to get my dad to kick me out of the house just because I found someone to share my dreams with. I also wish to thank you for labeling me a drunkard, without even realizing that I was simply celebrating my marriage.

I know all you elders have your own hidden problems and demons. Yet, you are always too afraid of losing your positions to confess them. I am not a coward such as this. I make mistakes everyday. But I am not a bad person. For you self- righteous hypocrites to label me as such, shows your arrogance and ignorance. My dreams are now my own, and I intend to follow them without your religion holding me back.

You probably feel sorry for me now that I?m no longer in your so called ?God?s Organization?. However, if you really were to search out the real truth you would see you are the followers of a brainwashing cult. Think for yourselves. Please do not try and contact me or my wife.

Sincerely,

Dustin Travis

He read it, eyes got big and he simply turned around and walked away. The most self-empowering moment of my life.

(edited last names mentioned in letter...........sorry, had to) **mulan**

• MJL2
    MJL2

Dustin, well done. Remember we all here for you.

MJL2 formerly MJL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

WOW

That was awesome.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

To borrow an expression from Talesin....

Welcome Normal Person

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

GOOD for you.....nice to take a stand & do something right for yourself isn't it!! Clapping Hands

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nice way to end a bad dream. Good job Dustin.

• BrendaCloutier
  • Valis
    Valis

buyashaka! Way to go Dustin!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

WAY TO GO.....literallyYou did it! You're free. All my best to you and your wife

~Merry

• Dustin
    Dustin

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate it. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Dustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit