Jesse Jackson thinks Michael is a traditional Christian and a good JW

by Dogpatch 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7231414/ MSNBC.com

'Scarborough Country' for March 17
    Read the transcript to the Thursday show Updated: 1:08 p.m. ET March 18, 2005

Guest: Jesse Jackson, Steve Michalik, Debbie Schlussel, Daniel Dodson, Jake Goldenflame, Tim Pawlenty, Ed Smart

RELEVANT PORTION:

SCARBOROUGH: Now, who does Michael Jackson pray to? Does he pray to Jesus, Jehovah? I knew he was a Jehovah?s Witness before. What is his spiritual bent?

JACKSON: Well, you know, prayer is such a serious act of devotion, communicating with God. Suffice it, he is sincere in his prayer, and God hears and answers prayer.

If you approach God with a contrite heart and sincerity, God hears prayer. And so prayer?when you are going to a storm, what do you turn to? Not to yourself or even to your own understanding, but you turn to God. And, of course, that family is in prayer as they go through a storm. They feel they are being much maligned as a family.

I remember talking with them the night after the prosecutor invaded the home with the 70 deputies and ransacked the house and had the big sensational press conference, asking for more witnesses.

SCARBOROUGH: Right.

JACKSON: They felt very violated. Yet, they knew they had to go through this ordeal, and they are going through it with strength because of prayer.

SCARBOROUGH: Yes. Is Michael, though?I guess my question is, is Michael a traditional Christian? Does he believe that Jesus is his personal savior, or is he more of a universalist, as some would say?

JACKSON: He is a traditional Christian. He?s a Jehovah?s Witness.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I will post a sound clip from this, stay tuned! :-))

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• Valis
    Valis

JACKSON: He is a traditional Christian. He?s a Jehovah?s Witness.

should be

JACKSON: I AM a traditional idiot. He?s a Jehovah?s Witness.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

This has come up many times amongst my JW relatives. In his heyday, it was "look at that witness get down".........now it's " he was never truly a witness since he never got baptised and never went door to door".

How soon they forget....

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

All of hte witnesses from my area always hated MJ and denounced him as hippocrite

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Well if Jesse Jackson said it, it MUST be true!!!!!!!!

• Neo
    Neo

He has never been DF or DA, so technically he's still a JW.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Dunno about baptism, but he did go door to door in the eighties, in disguise!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yeah and after they got his autograph, people told him to BEAT IT! Ha ha! (bad joke)

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The Watchtower and MJ reached a hush-hush agreement years ago disassocating him from the Witnesses. He is not considered a JW by Crooklyn. Here is the little mpg file of Jesse Jackson's statement:

http://www.randytv.com/jesseonmichael.mpg

Randy Watters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit