Lack of brotherly love at the DC

by noidea 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

hilarious.

....and on that note I will close this thread. No one really has the answer to your questions and We will not go into a complaining mode about seat saving. History!

this despite ALL the comments being positive and encouraging...

mox

• Anchor
    Anchor

What about the volunteer person at the potty, who is assigned to let you know that bathroom privileges include just

ONE

piece of paper.

Are they still doing that?

Anchor

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,
    Forgive me, but I just don't get it. What's the rush to get multiple copies of a book that they probably won't be able to give away in a couple months' time? Or are you afraid they'll revise it with ``new light'' before it reaches general distribution?
    Maybe it's unfair of me to pan a book I've not seen (nor do I particularly care to) but correct me if it isn't another of those boring attempts at self-validation alla ``Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy") by attempting to force their modern history into the words of Hebrew prophet, like jamming a square peg into a round hole.

To all faithful dubs: prepeare yourself for another couple years of interminable drivel at the Tuesday night study. No wonder we're hemmhoraging the young ones by the bucketful.

• blondie
    blondie

The thing is "real love" doesn't need rules. Truly mature people apply the universal rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. Unfortunately, for those who claim to serve God, figure:

1. I am the exception to all rules
    2. No one who knows me will see me do this (except God who doesn't really matter)
    3. There is more happiness in getting than giving.
    4. I have this special position (elder, MS, pioneer, etc.--take your pick) so I deserve this more than the "weak" and older ones.
    5. I am more equal.
    6. Make up your own.

• noidea
    noidea

Anchor, LOL!!!

No, but they did line us up in 4's in front of the stall doors.

• troucul
    troucul

sounds like that jewish joke, how does it go?...

a little boy asks his father for $20. his dad says: "20 dollars!? 15 dollars is a lot of money, what do you want 10 dollars for?!"

hahahaha

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Thanks to Outcast for posting that GC link. Did anyone notice that the Mod closed the thread before any more complaints about seating could be aired.

I believe it said there are 700+ FOOLS (doesn't include the many EXs secretly participating over there) registered at that DB, which won't even permit posts which speak negatively about legitimate trivialities(sp) such as convention seating.

If I have to rip out my brain and gonads to be in the right, I'd rather be wrong. If Jah wants brainless Robots, he should have created such to begin with.

OR, is it possible that the reason for 6000+ years of human existence is to give sufficient time for enough Robots to occur naturely? He gets the Robots He wanted all along and still is able to say he got them by choice rather than creation?

MadA -having a Mad Spell!

• KSJordan
    KSJordan

This is not about seat saving, but it is about how I was treated the last time I went to a DC. In the congregation that I attended before I moved to another town, there was this woman who professed to be of the annointed. This woman definitely has a huge problem as she almost ruined my life by her giving my mother child rearing advice. Anyway, I saw this woman sitting by another sister from her congregation and some other people who just came because they were possible converts. I speak nicely to her and she acted out in front of them and some elders and a GB member. I do have something good to say about the elders and the GB member. They took her name and congregation and also dressed her down. The GB member told her that she was not acting with love like a true Christian and he commended me on my behavior during the incident -- I acted in a loving Christian manner. I doubt very seriously the elders in her congregation did anything about it thoug as they are terrified of this woman. She tried to lure my mother into one of their star-chamber judicial hearings but my mom couldn't go as the car broke down for some reason. I just thought you would want to hear my story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit