Come quickly, Lord Jesus

by myelaine 62 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

I have found myself saying this more frequently lately. Is anyone else? Why? Do you want an end to this system, or do you want proof of God? For myself, I am just broken hearted by the state of the world. Not everything of course but when a child kills his clasmates and his relitives and then himself...when a grown man takes a child from her bed and rapes and kills her....when adults and children are starving, and despite continued efforts to feed them, they die....I could go on, but you get the picture....

Just wondering.

michelle

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

"Please God bring your kingdom quick. We need it so desperately!"

These begging words are in my mind very often these days.

DY

• Preston
    Preston

Not to alleviate the ideas in this post but...This reminds me of that line from that one movie: "When people think you're important, they'll wait"

- Preston

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

There are certainly evil people in the world. But there are also many people that have a predisposition toward criminal activity. Genetics and environment conspire against them to turn them into monsters. And after their first serious crime, their life is pretty much planned out for them -- go to jail, meet other criminals, learn how to do crimes well, get out, join the criminal network, go back to jail, and so on.

It's more comforting for me to imagine the world without a God in it, than to imagine that there is one. (No proof either way, so it doesn't pay to be dogmatic about it) If there is no god, then this sort of thing makes more sense. We as the human species need to protect ourselves. From bad weather, from poisons, and from bad people like these. *WE* need to handle it. If you imagine there's a God, then you have to imagine he's seeing it all and allowing it. Then you're left coming up with excuses for why he might be allowing it. Even if you come up with one, it won't be satisfying.

Some people feel a real need to believe a god is there. I have felt a great release in coming to the conclusion that he is not.

Dave

• Pole
    Pole

hi,

For thousands of years people have wished a Saviour (Jesus or whoever else it could be) would come and put an end to such tragedies. Without a single exception, they were all dissapointed. Most of them continued to believe there must be "a secret reason" which stops Jesus from preventing a man from raping his daughter. I personally don't get it.

Pole

• startingover
    startingover

Excellent posts AA and Pole.

IMO, the state of the world is better now than it has ever been. The media and the ability to broadcast news instantly have made it seem otherwise. I'm totally with you AA, things make a lot more sense to me if I think there is no god.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Are times getting worse?

Personally I don't see it. Look into history, is today any worse than living through the black death, the trenches in WW I, growing up in a Victorian workhouse, having you village invaded by the Dains, Hun or Angles?

With more global media coverage we hear more bad new than we did in the past. No one reports good news because it doesn't sell.

Maybe I'm wrong and if I am, when your god does arrive, ask him from me what took him so long.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

If He actually comes along, I'll be standing up and cheering! The fact that this current state of widespread misery would be over would be amazing. Unfortunately, I'd expect Mohamed to come along first (last in , first out?).

W.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

As much as some things, some human violent acts that the Almighty has allowed for so long, take place and are becoming so common these days, I still cannot bring myself to accept that there's isn't a loving higher power that will set things in order some day.

DY

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

People have been saying that since the beginning of time haven't they?

I think the responsibility lies on us, the human race to do what we can, when we can, whether it be small or large, and really who can measure that.

Relying on a diety to come save us, is a cop out imo.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus so I can kick your ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit