A personal account

by cheeseman 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pole
    Pole

Hi cheesman. I feel for you, man. Your story reminds me of how I got trapped in the Watchtower doctrines. I hope you can overcome the brainwashing.

Yes, go to freeminds.org. Do some research and get professional help if needed.

Best,

Pole

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Cheeseman.....nice you found your way here.

My suggestion is to do as others have suggested and do some heavy re-search on the witnesses and you'll free yourself of the fear you now hold from guilt.

The other suggestion is........hang out right here and read read read. Many beliefs expressed here you'll disagree with.......but the truth behind the witnesses is presented nicely though sometimes some oddball will post untruths once in awhile.

Welcome again......and thanks for sharing your story.

Gumby

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome cheeseface! You have found a great place to get over all the JW mind control. Just breath, have an open mind.. and find some peace in the knowledge that by being here you are truly doing the right thing. You are on the road to recovery. Post, post post.

GBL

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Hi Cheeseman!

Welcome to the board. All my sibs feel as if we lost a "decade" as well. I always have to keep reminding myself that I could have grown up in the Depression (1930's), been conscripted off to war and come home years later minus some important body parts or part of my soull/mind and then lose more years trying to recover (many never did!). Most days it helps, somedays, it doesn't!

I agree with the other posters to make your health your first priority and then concentrate on evaluating/building your own life philosophy and deciding what role religion will play in it.

There are a lot of great posters here who will try to help you with questions so happy reading! Will keep an eye out for your future posts.

W.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Cheeseman

Glad you're here. Kick back, breathe easy. You're among friends.

Reading your account reminded me of how when I was young I longed for aliens (or at least the Starship Enterprise) to come take me away too! I did a lot of stargazing.

Take care and post as soon, as long and as often as your heart desires.

~Merry

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    welcome, cheeseman

That`s an interesting handle. Is there a story behind it?

No story talesin. I simply love cheese. Maybe when I'm reincarnated I'll come back as a good stanky dollop of blue stilton. Well, one can only hope.

Thanks for everybodys' kind responses and support. It helps to know other people have faced similar circumstances and come through the other side. I'm off to do a little research, ciao for now.

• mjl
    mjl

Oopsss...... cheeseman......not cheesehead

• kls
    kls

Cheeseman ,first let me say ,,,,,,YOU ARE NOT POSSESED BY SATAN that is a bunch of crap the jws put in their followers head to keep them from straying. There are so many forms of mental illness that is treatable and i think you are just depressed because of your life and what the loving jws have done to you. Give your self time to learn and heal because there is a whole life out there for you to enjoy.

Do your own research on the WT and you will see it is nothing more then a bunch of old men running peoples lives for power and greed.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the forum Cheeseman!

You'll find that many of us suffered from fear and anxiety implanted in us by our 'loving' mother organization. Learning the truth behind the org. will "make you free". Finding the truth about God is another matter. I am still on that journey and I pray to God for HIS direction. I am very wary of organised religion but I do believe there is some truth out there - or maybe just what feels true to me.

Bottom line, do whatever you need to do to get your life back. I have never dealt with clinical depression but I can empathize with your plight. Focus on YOU not THEM.

You deserve to be happy. We all do.

I wish you all the best.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    nothing more then a bunch of old men running peoples lives for power and greed.

Is this what it's all about? Is there more to the story than they do it 'cause they really believe it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit