Eastern Kentucky X-JW's???

by Junction-Guy 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Anybody from Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Salyersville, Painstville, Inez, Whitesburg, Jenkins, Harlan, or anywhere east of I-75 ? just curious as there are so many people joining this forum everyday, I will eventually meet up with somebody from there.

Dave

• MissMelly
    MissMelly

I am from Louisivlle! :) But none of the counties you mentioned. Sorry.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Hey Dave,

How go's it?

Hope you find a few people over there.

MissMelly,

Louisville is the first place my father took me after abducting me back in the 60's (edited) . No memories of the place though.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

If I believe correctly, Inez usta be in my old circuit, they met in Huntington, where my family resides. I have a few freinds but more like maysville, and farther east, heading toward the edge of the state. Course I moved away :)

• larc
    larc

My wife's mother was born in Eastern Kentucky. We went there to look up family history, sometimes known as geneology. Well, my wife's mother's maiden name was Combs, and there a whole bunch of them in Brethet County. They used to call it "Bloody Brethet". They spilled more blood that the Hatfield's and the McCoys on the border of West, by Gawd, Virgina and Pennslyvania.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I was close but no cigar. I have visited KH or CA's in Pineville WV, Bluefield WV, Beckley WV, Bluestone WV, Charleston WV and another tiny town near the KY border that I can't remember right now. It was near Mullens WV.

I also recall going to Huntington once for a special talk or special assembly day.

Soooo, like I said- I was close by!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

btt, I'm eagerly awaiting any response...but most Jws down there are not the liberal type, and stay away from the net. Still isnt there anyone else JG?

• zman
    zman

Did any of you all know the Johnsons or the Arnetts any people from Shelbyville or Harradsburg???

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To Melba toast, I hope you havent been waiting on a response from me, as I dont have regular access at this site due to an incompatible browser. By the way Inez is about 20 miles east of paintsville, and one of the congregations that I left flyers at last october on the door of the kingdom hall.

to Z-man, sorry but thats in a different part of the state. I did know of an Elmer Johnson from an Eastern Kentucky congregation. I forget his wifes name, but one of his daughters was named Nora

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit