Disfellowshipping in absentia policy from "Organized to do Jehovah's Will"

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is the new disfellowshipping policy from the "Organized to do Jehovah's Will" book.

This book is now the replacement for the old "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book, released in 1983.

Chapter 14: Maintaining the Peace and Cleaness of the Congregation

page 154

2nd paragraph...

An appeal is granted as a kindness to the accused and allows him a further hearing of his concerns. Thus, if he deliberately fails to appear at the appeal hearing, the disfellowshipping should be announced after reasonable efforts have been made to contact him.

This new policy basically disfellowships those who do not play by the Society's rules, and turn up to judicial committees. Whether or not the Society has thought about the legal implications of such a policy I do not know. But, this is a huge change, and could open the doors to all sorts of other changes in policy.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Does this rule apply only to an APPEAL hearing?

From certain accounts on this board, it sounds like elder bodies can dismiss people who won't appear at the original judicial hearing too.

After all, the elders represent Jehovah. And what you do to the elders, you do to Jehovah too.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Just some more info about the announcement regarding this new "provision from Jehovah"...

It was made after the Watchtower study and the announcer read a letter from the Society.

The Society basically stated that a "lot of organizations etc have rules and ways of doing things, philosphically, but the only organization that does things theocratically is God's organization; this can be recognised as Jehovah's Witnesses."

Bla bla bla..new provision...

The book is ONLY available to baptized publishers and unbaptized puvlishers. A member of a family may collect number of books for only those in their family who are baptized or unbaptized publishers.

After the meeting, there was a mad dash for the book shop.

Ridiculous, this brain washing hype. Unbelieveable.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It seems the rules apply only to appeal hearings, but I guess, if you were called to a JC and didn't show up, they could still DF you.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I don't think this is a new rule/policy but perhaps they are making it public for the first time, instead of just what is said in the Flock book.

But whatever the case, this isn't really knew as many here can testify. If the person refuses to meet with the JC and the JC feels it has enough "evidence' to act they will be reproved/disfellowshipped. The person's non-cooperation would only be "more evidence" of their lack of repentance to the JC.

-Eduardo

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

New book, yadda yadda yadda.......... Fact is they could always twist ya' around anyway they felt that fits. Must have worked well enough they can commited to writing now.

Prick bastards

~Hill

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Oroborus21 is correct, it is not a new policy. To be perfectly honest there isn't much new information in that book besdies the bookstudy overseer arrangement and a few adjustments.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    If the person refuses to meet with the JC and the JC feels it has enough "evidence' to act they will be reproved/disfellowshipped. The person's non-cooperation would only be "more evidence" of their lack of repentance to the JC.

-Eduardo

For once I would have to agree with you.

Dragonlady76

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I know 3 people who were disfellowshipped for not showing up for a JC. One wasn't even contacted directly by an elder to say that the JC was going on.

Kwin

• toreador
    toreador

I thought the new scoop on Dfing was that they now just say they are NO longer a jw instead. someone please clarify.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit