"Organized to do Jehovah's Will" - anybody get the book yet?

by ithinkisee 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I'm heading out in a moment to the meeting. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to actually flip through the pages yet?

Funny how the WT study for today is basically a "never question Jehovah or his organization" and we get a new Organization book.

Feedback on the book anyone?

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Heh. I copied and pasted the title from another thread. Ididn't realize someone put Jehover

... the blasphemy!

-ithinkisee

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

<----- Habitual Blasphemer, on my way to the 6th level of hell.

• Lot
    Lot

Hello everyone, this is my first post. So go easy on me. I got the book today and didn't see much difference than what the old OM book had. Just updated terminology.

Lot

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome Lot! I have been out a long time so thrill me with the updated language as the WBTS rockets into the new millenium.

• blondie
    blondie

Can you scan what they say about disfellowshipping?

Any mention that accepting a blood transfusionn is disassociating oneself?

• Lot
    Lot

No mention of blood in the main text.( That I have seen yet.) Disassociation was mentioned of course and the example given would be joining a group that has practices not in harmony with the organization. Blood is mentioned in the questions regarding Baptism. "Why should christians abstain from blood and what does it mean to do so?" We all know the answer to that question. Ha.

Terminology such as a change from book study conductor to overseer.

Lot

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

GOT MY COPY =SOME LEGAL UPDATES -BAPTISNM QUESTIONS REVISED -W ILL POST MORE WHEN I HAVE READ IT ALL

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

S.O.S. different cover/title

• Spook
    Spook

Got my copy - last Sunday meeting I'm attending. Of note, according to the Societies own definition, they have disassociated themselves.

On page 155, they say of disassociation: "For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgement by Jehovah God."

Two words: United Nations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit