Landlord rant ... do I have to get electrocuted ...

by talesin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Dahl!!!! ... am I invited????

Kwin

• talesin
    talesin

Too true, Golf.

I think he was feeling a tad guilty for initially putting me off. He was very apologetic about the wait for the stove, and said he`ll listen to me the next time I have a problem. Works for me! :D

Kwin

-- of course! I already loaded it down with ginger, though, so you prolly wouldn`t like it. I`ll bring ya`s out a big pot next week, kay?

How hot can you & H2H take your curry?

t

• ballistic
    ballistic

I myself, am actually a landlord, but I like to think a good one. I would have thought your "current" landlord would be onto that in a "flash". It's absolutely "shocking".

• talesin
    talesin

ballistic

It is shocking, isn`t it?

The problem was, he didn`t believe me. He has done this twice in the past, when I told him something needed to be repaired. `No, it`s because you are doing it like this ....`. Months later, when the thing falls apart, he has a lightbulb moment --- maybe she knows what she`s talking about. Duh!

It is still unexpected, in this day and age, that a woman will be handy around the house.

OY!

t

*owns her own power tools* class

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

T, Just thinking, H2H can't eat lentils, but we both love curry! Love it spicy too! Do you use powder for it or the actual spices? Oh, and I like ginger, its H2H that doesn't, she's picky! lol

Kwin

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tal

Received my NEW Frigidaire range today, and I`m cooking a pot of dahl right now. ;)

Good fer yew, gurl !

Btw, what is "dahl," dahling ? ? ? ? ???

rabbit

• talesin
    talesin

Kwin

Oops, I knew it was one of you that didn`t like curry. Oh, well, they say the memory`s the first thing to go. ;)

I use Sharwood`s Curry (powdered), extra hot. :) Also, I like to buy the Patak`s Madras Curry Paste (bottle), and instead of making one big dish, I use a spoonful here and there in stir frys, etc..

Oh, after I go to the Farmer`s Market, perhaps a pork / veggie curry stir fry?

Rabbit

It`s lentil stew. Yumm!

Tal`s Dahl

1 med onion, chopped fine

1`` fresh ginger, peeled & minced

3-4 cloves garlic, smashed & minced

Sautè all ingredients in half & half olive oil and butter* at low heat till onions become limp and transparent. Add 1 1/2 cups red lentils (or split peas work really well), turn up the heat a bit, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add about 4-5 cups stock (bean, veggie or chicken), simmer till lentils are mushy. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

This will make a medium-consistency dahl. Use less or more water, depending on how you like it. I like it fairly thick. Reduce the liquid by gently simmering - this will intensify the flavour of the spices.

Option: Add curry for a traditionally hot dahl.

* As olive oil & butter are similar in nature for cooking, this works really well. Leave the butter to soften a bit, blend them half-and-half, and put in the fridge to harden. You get the flavour of butter, with the health of the olive oil. Make sure it is at least `Virgin` olive oil. Can be used for cooking and spreading IF you use a high-quality olive oil.

t

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Mmmmmmmmm...I shall try it. Thanks !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit