MY PEOPLE!!!!!!!

by JohnnyMarr 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, welcome Johnny; so glad that you stumbled on the forum. I can tell you will be one who really likes it here and benefits greatly from knowing all of us.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

welcome "brother" Marr

• Flash
    Flash

Welcome JohnnyMarr!

New emphasis will be put on submission to authority instead of looking forward to a new system.

Thats funny!! How much MORE can they emphasize it??? The WTS is truely self-destructing! LOL

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I The Smiths

Welcome, JohnnyMarr!

• talesin
    talesin

Hello, and welcome!

I'm an inactive, spiritually weak Witness strong person of not so good standing who stumbled on here the other day

Well, then, you'll be a welcome addition to the group. Sounds like you already have something in common with many of us.

talesin

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome JohnnyMarr!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    This will be the third year of not going

Ditto, Blondie. I had a quick look through the Bible as to how to ''celebrate'' and I think I know what I will be doing (a few tips would be MORE than welcome though).HOWEVER, I am unsure as to whether to go for 23rd/24th March, or more likely the 23rd April (I googled Nisan 14, and I got an April date) - I'd be grateful for any pointers as this will be my first in my own home.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, I borrow from here and there.

The Jews have the Seder meal for passover. It makes sense that Jesus and the apostles would have just had a meal before he prayed and passed the bread and the wine. So some have a nice meal together just before the passing of the bread and the wine. It was a gathering of close friends and family; why not include these in the celebration.

A reading of the scriptures recounting the first Lord's supper might be in order perhaps each person taking part in the reading and thanksgiving prayers.

Why not a discussion amongst the group as to what this means to them (without a "conductor")?

The proper wine and bread would be good; I consult the local synagogue for the best place to purchase.

As to day, it's up to you. I noticed on a Bible Student forum that one group was doing it on March 23 and another on April 23.

Love, Blondie

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Hi JohnnyMarr!

Welcome to the board

I think to brighten up the memorial they should do it like pass the parcel. They play music and you pass the bread and wine around and then if the music stops when you have hold of it you can partake and be annointed. Of course this would mean the annointed would change every year but hey it's all based on a pagan ritual anyway so it's all a bit of a game anyhoo.

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board johnnymar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit