Greatest SILENT Compliment you have been paid

by stillajwexelder 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What is the Greatest SILENT Compliment you have been paid ?

Mine is after I left one job they replaced me with two people

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, stilla, that happened to me a couple of times. My last supervisor keeps saying how much they now realize I did.

It's not silent, but when ever I meet JWs nowadays they say, "I miss your comments."

If only they knew.

We put in some flower beds last year and looked across the street and saw that the neighbors and copied us...no problem...we got the idea from another neighbor.

Blondie

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

• avishai
    avishai

I've occasionally had random gorgeous female's who grabbed me and kissed me w/ out a word

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lucky you avishai

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've occasionally had random gorgeous female's who grabbed me and kissed me w/ out a word

That used to happen to me all the time when I was younger.

A nod and approving look are nice when you get them.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm one of three people on staff with my hospital ward who have been trained as instructors in a specialized required skill for our unit.

Whenever recertification time comes up, my boss arranges for sessions with sign up sheets for all the instructors. My sessions always fill up first, with demand for more sessions, while the other two instructors get almost no staff to sign up for their sessions.

Swwwwwwwwweeeeet!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Job referrals.

The new potential client always says something like; "you come highly recommended." Sheese it's housecleaning not rocket science. On the other hand I guess I do sorta work with chemicals. I'm a great scientist in my own mind..........

• talesin
    talesin

This has happened several times, and it's more on a personal note ...

Having a friend hand me their bank card, tell me their PIN number, and ask if I will go to the bank machine for them when I go out for supplies.

That's trust, and there's no better compliment from a friend.

t

• orbison11
    orbison11

today at work a lady who owns an esthetics shop came in, ok my competition,,,,,,

she said she saw my work, a set of nails on a lady when shopping, and she asked where she got them.....................so this lady came into my shop today and took some of my borchures and said she would promote me, as she doesnt do nails, but her clients ask her about who she could recommend............

ok no so silent, but made my day:_)

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I painted my faded shutters a great color of green...then a few weeks later, saw my a-hole neighbor being shamed by his wife into painting all of theirs so their house wouldn't be the crappy looking one next to mine.

Also, I get asked advice on lawn maintenace all the time. But my biggest compliment ever was overhearing a couple of guys at Hardees (in a small town) discussing some home maintenance problem. One asked the other "Have you tried going down to Hamel & Rowe? Ask for that guy Ernie. He really knows his stuff." Neither of them knew I was there...I knew I'd finally "made my bones".

I was on cloud nine for a week. It did wonders for my self confidence.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit