Making provisions for Armageddon

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

jgnat, JWs don't think that way. God is going to drop all the necessary knowledge into the heads of the brothers in charge. All those worldly books and art and whatever are going to be destroyed. Then when MIchelangelo, Van Gogh, Kant, Einstein are resurrected they will create new works of knowledge in keeping with WT direction.

Blondie (not really kidding)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I am an expert!!!!!!!! Not at making it, but drinkin it!!!!!!!

• JH
    JH

All this beer talk, gives me the urge to cross the street, and buy all the beer in that convenience store...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    God is going to drop all the necessary knowledge into the heads of the brothers in charge. All those worldly books and art and whatever are going to be destroyed. Then when MIchelangelo, Van Gogh, Kant, Einstein are resurrected they will create new works of knowledge in keeping with WT direction.

That just makes me sick, Blondie. These people are sick, sick, sick... I'd be with jgnat....

J

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hate to sound real shallow..........but I don't want to do without Lipstick!

• Bas
    Bas

I'd stock up on cigarettes, frozen pizza and beer.

• Spook
    Spook

Ammo. Lot's of ammo.

But seriously, the New World is so rediculously improbable. The concept is a la-la land of seemingly agrarian beauty, yet with factory spun textiles, flush toilets, glass windows...most like to think there would be modern technology. All of this requires one thing: infrastructure.

Millions of man hours go into all of this: Electrical and sewer distribution, metallurgy and foundry scientists. On top of all this, for these things to exhist, a world of computers, engineers, instrumentations, steel workers, coal miners...all need to work.

This was the first place I really realized how rediculous of a concept the new world was. Further, the planet is allready overpopulated. If everyone who has ever lived truly had a chance at life, the planet would be unliveable. The current population, if divided equally over all landmass on earth, would have a population density of over 10,000 people within easy walking radias of an hour or two. That's not including any room for the roads, pipes, powerplants, logmills, foundries....

Has anyone noticed how so many witnesses feel 'we might live on other planets some day?'

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blondie, that view of the future is so, so, so ORWELLIAN. So CREEPY.

But I agree. My honey talks the same way. As if every reconstituted body would delightfully devour a watchtower study. Can you see Einstein doing this? Van Gogh? ugh ugh ugh

• Flash
    Flash

My books on the metaphysical I hope to take with me.

You can be sure, that right after the dust settles, the zealots will be out destroying anything they believe to be unclean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit