Has everyone done a master´s thesis?

by ChrisVance 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Did you live through it. I'm 55 and doing a master's thesis. I hope I live through it.

I posted this ten minutes ago but it never showed up.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i passed my GED.....does that count? lol

good luck, perservere and get it done!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

candidlynuts, thanks for the encouragement. I'm doing it in Mexico and next week in "Holy Week," so there's no school. Hopefully I can get a lot done.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ChrisVance good luck to you on your thesis!

Once it's done and your passed does that give you a Doctorate?

My DIL is just starting hers and from what she says it takes years of preparation and formulation. I must admit I'm totally uninformed as to what goes into it, shamefully , but may I ask what your thesis is on?

Kate

• larc
    larc

First of all, it not everyone in your title, it is anyone. Is English your first language?

Well, yes I got a Master's. I also got a fudd, whoops, I mean I got a PhD.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I've never done a master nor his thesis, in spite of all the rumors

Best wishes, you smart person you

~Merry

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Hi bikerchic, thanks for the reply. No, when I'm done I'll have a Master's degree in applied linguistics. I'm too old to go for a doctorate which does take 4 or 5 years. This is a two years program, althoguh lots of the students take 3 or 4 years to do it. I have just one class to finish this semester along with my thesis. I've already been offered a teaching job at a public univeristy here in Puebla so it's important that I finished ASAP.

• ChrisVance
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow I'm impressed!

when I'm done I'll have a Master's degree in applied linguistics.

Now how am I going to communicate with my DIL the smarty with a Doctorate? Yes she is working on hers and has said it will be 4 or more years before she is a full fledged Dr. Her study is in Environmental Science. Another scientist in the family I guess I will just have to let her and hubby (onacruse) yack a way and I'll just listen and say the usual "ummm oh yeah I thought that too" It's gotten me by so far.......and I hear ya on the too old to go for it. LOL

Anyway happy typing and nose to the grindstone and all that!

Kate

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My husband did his and said he didn't have friends, no girlfriend, no nothing except school that year. He ate, breathed, slept, worked SCHOOL. But he did it and is happy he made it. It's something to do with engineering that I still don't understand. It's a HUGE accomplishment. Good luck !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit