Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-20-05 WT Study (complete article)

by blondie 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

If they said the sodomites would not be resurrected at all , that's complete speculation . All people will be resurrected according to the bible .There are just 2 different resurrections , those resurrected to life and those to everlasting abhorrences .

• Truehart
    Truehart

Blondie

While I appreciate your honesty and candor in reviewing the article, there are a few things I wonder about.

I was baptized in 1975, and later left (fell away) from the organization a few years later. I wandered the entire landscape of Christendom looking for something better--something that more closely resembles the truth. Years have gone by and although I do not attend the meetings, I am never very far from observing what is going on and the direction the Society seems to be going.

There are times I miss the fellowship, and I wonder what it would have been like to have married a witness. Like so many others I expected the "great tribulation" to begin at any moment--yet decades have passed and the end has not arrived. I still have many of the older books and a few of the newer ones. My personal preference is the spiritual food we received in the late 70's (e.g "The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah--How?"). I attended the assembly in 1971 when that book was released and heard R.V. Franz deliver a powerful talk, "When All Nations Collide Head On With God). I remember it like it was yesterday.

My question to you, and others is simple: Why do you question everything the FDS says? If you have reached a point of non-acceptance, would it not be better to just leave? Just curious. I left because of family pressures, later attended a theological school of ministry and have explored the alternatives. I have thought about coming back, but just do not have the courage (or perhaps enough conviction) to do so.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate your insights.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Truehart, welcome to the board!

I think the major reason people stick around and criticize the society is 1. We are honestly trying to help people who have serious doubts and 2. We are amonst people who understand. It is demonstratably a cult that hurt's people, and a LOT of us here still have our families still in that will not talk to us.

GBL

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, trueheart.

My question to you, and others is simple: Why do you question everything the FDS says?

I was never a JW, I have nothing to leave. From the first time I picked up a WT magazine, I questioned. I consider it natural to question any new doctrine, and to balance scripture against scripture. My pastor encouraged us all to be Boereans, to test out anything he said, and not to take his words for granted.

I am curious, in your long search for an organization most closely resembling the "truth", what were you looking for? Were you looking for a church with doctrines that closely matched what you were used to?

• heathen
    heathen

Truehart --- After you read around the board some and research the doctrine of the WTBTS it's so easy to see what they are doing to those poor people . Be glad you never married one they are complete shmucks . I was related to some through a family member being married to one and man what misery came out of that . They are lying thieving frauds and have a history of false predictions . I wish I could even say as jesus said " do as they say but don't do as they do " in referrence to the pharisees but these people would have you selling magazines every day of the week . If that's Gods chosen people then he does have a sick sense of humor .

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Blonde

This point has always confused me about Lot and his Daughters and your post just proves further that they cannot offer any realistic or rational reason as to why this took place and why he was praised for his actions; worship a god that promotes rape....NEVER!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Excellent review, Blondie! Your perceptions are extremely insightful.

• Flash
    Flash

TrueHeart, First, hello and welcome.

I have thought about coming back, but just do not have the courage (or perhaps enough conviction) to do so.

Or perhaps becoming a slave to men isn't that appealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit