AARRGGHH!! Decisions, Decisions

by Bumble Bee 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

We just got our Memorial invite today. Along with that the brother again encouraged hubby and I to attend the meeting tomorrow. No menion of the big announcement or anything. It's been about 2 1/2 years since I've been to a meeting. Do I break that and go, just to get the new book, or just forget about it? I honestly don't know what to do and need some advice.

What are other faders on here doing?

Advice and suggestions needed please!!!!!

BB

• talesin
    talesin

Do you really want the book?

What feels right for you?
    Do you feel comfortable after 2 1/2 years, stepping back in a KH?

Don't you hate it when people answer your question with a question? ;)

tal

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

don't know what to tell you. the last memorial i went to was in 2000. meetings were the same up until about a month ago--i went to one (my dad was giving the talk on sunday). my best friend was game to go with me, bless her heart, and after sitting through the talk, i really couldn't stomach anymore. we were sitting there, wondering how we ever believed any of this. whatever you decide, i wish ya the best!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

If you decide to go, I'll buy the new book from you.

Uzzah

• Scully
    Scully

I haven't been invited to the meeting to get the new book. I haven't even been invited to the Memorial. Not even by my own JW family members.

I'm thinking that if I showed up they probably wouldn't give me a book anyway. I bet they'd just love to have me there so they could REFUSE to give me one.

Jerks.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I personally would not go. It would just bring back too many bad memories for me and I would hate to have to sit with the same people who shun me (and hubby and I aren't even DF'd or DA'd, if that means anything) and think we're Satan's offspring.

That's just my feelings. My last memorial was in 2001, I think. That almost did me in going to that. NOTHING could make me go again.

Cathy L.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

I am with you Cathy,

Not now not never.....will I ever subject myself to that again!

• vitty
    vitty

Weve been invited to the special talk, the brother also said there would be a surprise.....ohhhhhh

He also invited us to the memorial. We have not been for nearly a year, we dont want to start anything up , so we thought we could go to another cong outside our territory, then if anything is said we can still say we went. If we dont go, im afraid we may get a shepherding call and i dont want that.

Its a real test, i feel if you dont go, its like a statement that youve turned your back on the org, in my case i dont want any confrontation ...yet.

And I want that book!!!!!!!!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks everyone for your responses.

We didn't go, actually the meeting is going on right now.

I did want that book, but I just couldn't bring myself to go. I didn't want to open a can of worms, so to speak. When you go to one meeting, they are going to want more and more out of you. Also, I hate all the questions you get when you go back after being away - Where have you been? or Are you new to our territory? and I'm sure you can all come up with your own.

Again, thanks for your responses.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit