My heart is aching for MS patient

by Frannie Banannie 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Kristi is terminal. She developed a fistula that would take FOREVER to heal.....and that's only if she doesn't eat or drink anything for 6 to 9 months. Her lower digestive tract was destroyed last year by the radiation.....the docs doubled the radiation for expediency at the time, obviously not thinking about the end results. She's on TPN (IV nourishment with vitamins in it) and lipids (IV fat). She's so malnourished that she's too weak to survive surgery, so the docs said it's not an option. Her Dad asked the docs "what if she eats anyway,"....knowing that she's so hungry, she just doesn't care anymore....the docs told him that she'll develop other fistulas....and they'll burst within her abdomen.....that's it.

Thank you peeps for your support and encouragement. I'll probably be with her as long as possible. She'll be home the first of next week.

Frannie

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((Frannie))))))))))) the world is a much better place because of people like you.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You're a great friend Frannie..... I hope your friend gets the desires of her heart, and if not, then what is best for her in the scheme of things. Take care.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((((((((((((Frannie))))))))))))))))))

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thank you, XenaWarrior, DoubleEdge and SheilaM. I hope the things I do for people makes a difference...at least in their world. Her parents are devastated....and I know her hubby is, too.

I was crocheting her a beautiful lavender blue peasant blouse....now it won't be finished in time.

Hugs,

Frannie

• talesin
    talesin

Frannie, my friend's dad had this disease, it's very rough heartbreaking. Will be sending you, and Kristi & family, positive thoughts and protective energy.

xo

t

• melmac
    melmac

That's very sad. I send you positive thoughts. God give you consolation in these hard times.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((( Frannie )))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit