WHY do they stay?!?!

by Pwned 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

I just dont get how people can stay in a religion that constantly changes the "truth". Never mind the scandals, that is a seperate issue. But the foundation of a religion is its doctrine, how can you believe an organiztion that constantly changes it. Especially people like elders, bethelites etc, there is no way that the org can slip some big changes by them, how do you rationalize staying. it blows my mind.

elders/former elders, what do you think?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Singing ***

Myriads upon myriads of brothers....

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

same reason people stay in abusive relationships---Low self esteem, Fear of Change, And the need to be a part of 'something' rather than be alone

• AGuest
    AGuest

because they don't know where else to go. But that is where they err, because since the rejection of the visible representation that was the temple at Jerusalem - when my Father's spirit left that "house" and took up dwelling in His new "temple"... NEW Jerusalem... the "head" of which "house/building/temple" is Christ... and the "body" of which is still be "built up" - there is no "where" to go away to. There is now only the "whom" that is His Christ.

John 6:67-68; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 2:20-22; Colossians 1:18

They still believe that the WTBTS is "the truth." Think: how many times were you asked or did you ask of others, "How long have YOU been 'in the truth'?" How often did you brag about... and validate your own existence based on... your family's long legacy in "the truth"? "

They believe the WTBTS is "the truth" because they walk... by sight... rather than by FAITH... keeping their eyes on a "visible representation [of the Lord] on earth" (Proclaimer's Book, pg. 219). Keeping their eyes on the thing SEEN... rather than on the things UNSEEN.

Sadly, they entirely miss the truth... that there is only ONE Truth (John 14:6), the Son of God. So, although they walk by sight... so that they SAY they see... they are, in truth... BLIND. Miserably so.

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH, of Armies, grant them to receive eyesalve... from the One who sells it... just as He mercifully granted us... if they truly wish it.

Revelation 3:17, 18; 22:17

And may you all have peace.

A servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those that go with them... and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Pwned
    Pwned
    How often did you brag about... and validate your own existence based on... your family's long legacy in "the truth"? "

Thats funny cause even before I realized that I didnt really want to be a JW I despised that expression, it always seemed so arrogant to me and it made me cringe when people said it. why couldn't they just say, i've been in the org, or i've been a jw for x # of years?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    i've been in the org, or i've been a jw for x #..."

Well, because then they wouldn't be able to continue they perpetuation of one of the greatest LIES upon which they are founded: that by joining them... one has joined up with, so as to be IN... the truth.

The TRUTH is, however, that one can only be IN the truth... if one is IN UNION... with the Truth.

John 14:6

And even then, one is not in HIM... but HE... dwells (makes his abode) in such one.

John 14:23

So, although they quote and quote that "Satan is the 'father' of the lie," they at the same time utterly overlook the FACT... that he also "keeps transforming himself into an angel of light."

But just as there is only one Truth... there is only one Light.

John 8:12

And Satan hasn't been that Light's angel... since times long, long ago.

Ezekiel 28:13-18; Revelation 20:10

I bid you peace, dear Pwned.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Undecided
    Undecided
    Keeping their eyes on the thing SEEN... rather than on the things UNSEEN.

I find it very hard to keep my eyes on something I can't see.

Ken P.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The 'Truth' provides them with a reason to believe in something they can see. How many times in WTBTS publications do we see the phrase 'God's visible organisation'?

Unless they are 'given' something tangible to replace the 'visible organisation', the defense mechanism programmed into their brains is very hard to penetrate. Although the WTBTS keeps pounding into their minds that the JW's are in a 'spiritual paradise' nothing could be further from the truth of those claims. If a JW realises that Phil 4:7 is nowhere to be seen in the organisation, they can then be approached and directed to Jesus Christ as the only mediator between God and men.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I just dont get how people can stay in a religion that constantly changes the "truth". Never mind the scandals, that is a seperate issue. But the foundation of a religion is its doctrine, how can you believe an organiztion that constantly changes it. Especially people like elders, bethelites etc, there is no way that the org can slip some big changes by them, how do you rationalize staying. it blows my mind.

elders/former elders, what do you think?

Let's add.......the lack of love......the two faced backstabbing..........no real friendship........etc.

I'm no longer an elder or a JW.

HappyDad

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Corporation is a business and the elders are employees who work for payment and advancement. Much of their payment is ego and social payment but more than a little is financial by way of availability and opportunity. Availability of cheap labor and opportunity to network with other Witness business people. Many elders I know have become wealthy from exploiting their fellow Witnesses. Not all Witnesses who exploit other Witnesses are elders but it's made naturally easy for the elders and the practice is not discouraged.

No one is a Witness because of the virtues of the Witness religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit