ami i jaded?

by free will 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• free will
    free will

HI all, i just have to vent. my father is just going into have a heart catherization (probably not spelled right) and some of the elders are at the hospital and are going down to view the procedure. comfort or sneaky eyes?

are they just making sure no blood is given _ he's on blood thinners now. or are they truly trying to comfort him. i hope the latter, any thoughts?

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

it might be a mix of both ....

maybe to comfort, and COUNSEL if need be ....

good luck ..

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

First, my thoughts are with you and your dad (((free will))).

Second, they're going to watch it being done??!!! Will this be at a teaching hospital?

My guess..they're making sure of no blood adherance. Come comfort when he's recoverd.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

You are jaded and suspicious and you probably have a right to be! My experience has been that whenever a group of elders come together, nothing good can come from it!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Personally, I would give them the benefit of doubt and expect they are there out of compassion.

Treat them as you would want to be treated. Plus, why cause extra suffering for yourself during this trying time because of suspicions of foul-play that may never materialize?

Hope all goes well.

j

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

In spite of my paranoia and bias, I agree with James.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I hate to be a stick in the mud about this....but when I went in for major surgery 10 years ago, the POs wife had called me to ask when I was going in. I told her the day and time, and when I got to the hospital, her husband was already there and had been waiting in my room long before I arrived.

He was down the hall talking to the nurses and came in a few minutes after I did. I THOUGHT that was so sweet of him, although I had long ago gone over the "blood business" with my surgeon.

I realized later that he was there to enforce "my" wishes and to "be there" so that the staff could see him.....not on a friendly visit. Again, the underhanded tone of "looking" that they are doing one thing-but actually doing another.

They feel they MUST have their noses right up the JWs butts, even when they are adults as if they don't trust them to do as they're told. GRRR!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I wouldn't trust their motives unless they are truly personal friends of his.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit