Hi and what about free will!

by clare 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Well, that's all from me. Maybe you think I should not believe in God at all, but I find no need to 'chuck the baby out with the bathwater' because of my bad experiences with the JW's. It's not the case that I need a belief to lean on in life, but just that I do believe there is something out there, and if there is I want to know about it. I apologise if I have sounded too 'preachy'.

Welcome Clare!

Many persons here and many outside this forum have left the teaching of Jehovah's witnesses and still believe in God and Christ. I happen to be one of those, and I never felt as spiritual as a witness [ for 32 years baptized] than I do now.

You will find all sorts here - athiests, Christians, and many other religious choices too. Glad you decided to think again - feels great doesn't it?

Jeff

• clare
    clare

H goldminer,

It must be very difficult for you, and it is good that you are reasonable and only bring up the issue occsionally with your wife. JW's are so indoctrinated, and I only realised myself a few weeks ago that I had in fact been brainwashed. For them, as you probably know already, to leave is to bring a death sentence on your own head, so they battle on even if what is left of their reason is telling them that things are not ok. However, you can't hide the truth forever; just like I eventually found out the truth she will too one day. When she does she will be confused and devastated; life will lose meaning for a while, but with help and support she will be ok. Hopefully, she will keep some kind of faith; if there is a God out there and he did send his son to redeem the world it was for everyone not just a few. Well done anyway for being so supportive, and hope to hear more about you as time goes on. Clarex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit