Friends

by pleaseer2001 13 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

We expect nothing from our friends .... and receive all.

t

• DHL
    DHL

I agree with all said above. I only would like to add that a friend is someone you feel comfortable to sit with in silence. Plus I don't have to explain much to my few but good friends because they know me and vice versa.

Anyway I think the purest friendship is the first big one. My first best friend was a girl I grew up with. She died in a car crash when we were aged 15 and I never ever felt so close to a friend again although I have great friends today, too. But that first friendship was just different. I guess that's because when you're young you are way more unconditional.

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

DHL:

Maybe that friendship was at its purest because as a young person you are pure. I think many times as adults we complicate or lives and our feelings become more intense. Experiences make us hide what we feel or how we react to people around us. People who are true and pure I believe stay with us and become part of who you are.

P2

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I guess it's pretty unusual, given our background, but my best friend has been my best friend since we were 6 years old. She left the borg first, and I refused to end our friendship, though pressured to do so, because she's always been more like a sister than a friend. I stayed in more than a decade longer than she did. Now that we're both out, our friendship is stronger than ever. We don't share the same beliefs, but accept eachother for who we are.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit