Mark a stage play?

by peacefulpete 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ok I understand the uncertainty about the omission, but there may be some unifying reconstruction to account for all these observations. Oh well I'll mull it over some more. Thanks for the nice comments.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BTW why is Leolaia shunning us?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ezekiel the Tragedian's play on Moses and the Exodus is a good example of Hellenistic drama which was written as such. There are some nice examples in it of narrative elements composed as dialogue (such as the plagues being reported verbally in a monologue).

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I was worried you had left us.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was gone from the board for a week, having been on a trip to NYC.

BTW, I like your avatar...what does it represent? (Hard of hearing? )

• Neo
    Neo
    BTW, I like your avatar...what does it represent? (Hard of hearing? )

I've been asking myself the same question.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I've been SHARING the computer tonight, anyway the avatar is Tom Waits but I thought it symbolized my desire to learn..... eager to hear something new.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

how was the trip, buisness or pleasure?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ah, Tom Waits, first glance I thought it was Dave Gahan... I like the metaphor, reminiscent of the Jesuine saying, "Let he with ears hear..."

The trip was good. I was getting over a cold but I got to see and do quite a bit (plays, art shows, etc.). The Armory Art Show was utterly spectacular.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

hope you're feeling better, I really disliked NY when I lived there in my dark days at bethel but did like the met.art museum and living dangerously in China town.

kinda funny,, me living dangerously

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit