WT Cover up regarding Child Abuse - Canada

by Uzzah 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The URL is here:

Click here:

http://www.lawsociety.sk.ca/newlook/Library/fulltextnew.htm

In the Access Number line, Type in the Code: QB04489

Then use your mouse and click on "Submit Query". A new web page will show up.

Then click on the url that states "KILBREATH V. SASKATCHEWAN (ATTORNEY GENERAL)"

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    [24] As to the assertion of religious privilege, there are issues to be considered under the principle approach and case-by-case analysis approved by the Supreme Court of Canada in R. v. Gruenke, [1991] 3 S.C.R. 263, as interpreted in R. v. C.T.C., [1996] O.J. No. 2131 (Prov. Ct.) (QL) and in R. v. J.J.P. (2000), 196 Nfld. & P.E.I.R. 142 (Nfld. S.C.) [the latter cases both dealing with the issues of religious or ecclesiastical privilege as it pertains to the Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses].

I actually know His Honour Masse who made the famed Ruling in R. v. C.T.C. in 1996. He now sits in Criminal - Ontario Court of Justice in Kingston but at the time was holding court in Brockville. We had quite the frank coversation about his decision - interesting guy and of course he was very interested to here about and watched the CBC Fifth Estate show back in January 2003. Of course I have posted and sent R, v. C.T.C and R. v. J.P.P to other counsel over the years. For the record, in both cases the elders did not have any sort of religious privilege .... take that David!

hawk

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, now, this is getting pretty close to home - although I don't recognize the name.

Moanzy: who do you know in NB? I know a few people up that way, too.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Might be a dumb question cause I'm known for that, but isn't privilege for the layman? This privilege shouldn't be in place to protect the clergy, or its "employer", but the one seeking counsel. Same as with lawyers - isn't it the client who requests the protection of privilege?

It always seems that the WT screams for privilege when they only seek to protect themselves & their judicial arrangement. Like in the Boer case?? when they want to waive privilege and the WT lawyers fight it? as shown in the last court audio that was posted recently?

sincerely

will

p.s. - can the court hearing the Michael Jackson's case refuse to publicize the verdict or the sentence? If he goes home, (after a long vacation to relieve his stress), will children - even his own - be safe at Neverland, since we will have to assume he is innocent? which he may or may not be

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT as I think it is an important case.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Long time ago but bringing to the top given the court case running in British Columbia right now where the JWs are yet again trying to claim clergy privilege

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

But they, the Jehovah`s Witnesses, do not have a clergy.or so I was told on many occassions.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit