Taking in Knowledge Now and Forever

by Valis 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

I noticed in metatron's thread about bribery the next issue of QFR includes something about taking in knowledge now, which one could understand form the Witness viewpoint, but why forever. If you were perfect could you learn any more? Why would they still need to keep learning about Jehoveh if he had already fixed everything? What more could there be to know without giving the people in Paradise access to the tree of good and evil/tree of knowledge? Just some rambling questions from the Texas Branch..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    If you were perfect could you learn any more?

Don't forget, the society said that there are many thousands of insects that could be studied, so eternal life would never get boring. And service? to Jehover would never end.

Walter

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No fair! I posted something sort of rambling and philosophical last night, and it was soundly ignored, to the point where I was embarrassed and erased it, then one of the mods deleted it as it was serving no purpose.

Now watch this thread go 3 pages.

It must be the tattoos

• Scully
    Scully
    If you were perfect could you learn any more? Why would they still need to keep learning about Jehoveh if he had already fixed everything? What more could there be to know without giving the people in Paradise access to the tree of good and evil/tree of knowledge?

Don't you remember the thing about New Scrolls Being Opened? in the New System??? These are, apparently, going to be even bigger and better than New Light?. And possibly even more important. I mean, they may contain a map to the Garden of Eden? where only the purest weed grows. Don't you want to be there for that, Valis??

Love, Scully

• Valis
    Valis

Dan I didn't see your thread...if you have the contents why not repost it here or something?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I posted something sort of rambling and philosophical last night, and it was soundly ignored,

Your mistake was posting it last night. We have lives at night. Next time post rambling thoughts during the day, while we're bored at work.

We jump on stuff like that during the day.

Walter

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Don't you remember the thing about New Scrolls Being Opened? in the New System??? These are, apparently, going to be even bigger and better than New Light?. And possibly even more important. I mean, they may contain a map to the Garden of Eden? where only the purest weed grows.

Scully, you forget. This is the WATCHTOWER we're talking about. There will be no weed, pure or otherwise. They will study insects. Once this is completed the society will preach to them. That's what's in the New Scrolls?!

They'll still count time too.

Walter

• Valis
    Valis
    And possibly even more important. I mean, they may contain a map to the Garden of Eden? where only the purest weed grows. Don't you want to be there for that, Valis??

Ahaha yes Midnight in the Garden of Good & Sativa!...

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Governing Body denies Hebrews 8:11 with their apostate dogma.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Having a direct relationship w a god would dispense w all this dreary book banging. But, i suppose the wt sees itself as always having a job to do. Silly old coots.

Dan

It's not the tatoos. However, it might have something to do w your facial hair, and the really big ears and nose. I don't know, but sometimes i swear that when i look at your avata, i see a dog. But then, i'm demonised.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit