Thinking back

by purplesofa 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

they could justify walking by, because helping them then, would have been only a temporary help. They could see the big picture where they would offer them the hope of the new system, where this wouldn't happen

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:I remember one CO telling me that the organization was not big on 'sentimentality'.

There's a role model for ya. All those wasted hours in the door to door shit when we could have been volunteering at a soup kitchen or something. I remember an elder friend of mine and I in field service once and we saw a little boy crying outside of an appartment building. It was like minus 20 outside and he was just in his PJ's. We stopped and my friend helped him get inside.. found out his mom had left for work and he followed her outside and there was nobody there to take care of him. God that was sad. We helped get someone over there to look after the kids and I remember thinking that was most productive thing I had ever been a part of in field service.

GBL

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We helped get someone over there to look after the kids and I remember thinking that was most productive thing I had ever been a part of in field service.

You mean to tell me you counted time for helping someone while out in field service.That is BAD.

The reason you are out in field service is to get people to sign up with the cult.You should have deducted this time as well as the Tim Horton stop you made that morning right afterward. God is watching you...It is not too late to make amends.Send a statement of the facts to the WT and I am sure they will amend their records.....

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    They lived there quit some time without electricity. It was getting to be colder weather and I remember inquiring if they got power. I can't remember now ----the reply. but I remember seeing plastic over the windows.

But for the life of me...........how did all us witnesses pass by there week after week knowing they were without power and not take up a collection to help them?

The people that did this to our family, probably saved my life. Just one more thing that helped me make up my mind.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember sitting in the BS, and it was the section on Love among yourselves in the old united book. A knock on the door: It was s.o. collecting for an african children's charity. Our christian brother told her that we are Jehovah's witnesses and are studying the bible so please go.

Got me thinking, especially when everyone laughed.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit