I borrowed the"Proclaimers" book from the library and read it totally

by booker-t 5 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

When I left JW's in 1993 I remember that year because the "Proclaimers"book came out in the same year and I never got a copy because I DA'd myself. I was recently at the library and was shocked to see the proclaimers book on the shelf. I grabbed the book and checked it out and took it home and read it from cover to cover in 2 days. I must admit the Society is very clever in admitting their mistakes in a way that is so sugar coated. I wished I could have known some of the things that the Society did in the old years that way I could have argued the Judicial committee that DA'd me down tooth and nail. The books mentions Beth-Sarim, Pyramidology, 1975, 1925 and other failed predictions that the JW's had. I remember when I was a devout JW and people would tell me some of the things JW's did I would argue that we did not say such and such. What did many of you(ex-jws) think when the proclaimers book came out? Did you already know some of the skeletons or was you finding out for the first time? And also does anybody have a copy I can buy? If so E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know if I can buy a copy.

• Neo
    Neo

The Proclaimers book was a kind of "response" to the Ray Franz scandal in the early eighties and to the accompanying reactions in the years that followed (COC, ISOCF, etc). They made oblique mentions to some of their past embarrassments so they could say they were "rebutting" and "antecipating" objections made about the WT history.

The Proclaimers book is the magnum opus of Watchtower sophistry. (or is it Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose?)

Neo

(Read an extensive analysis of the book at: http://www.cftf.com/booklets/proclaimers/index.html)

• Neo
    Neo

PS: Check also AlanF's Notes on the Proclaimers Book .

• eljefe
    eljefe

We had to study that book at the Theocratic Ministry school for a while. It was the you don't have to look at JW history becuase we compilied it and its all true book. I even remember the assembly when it was released. My dad released the book.

By the way, I would want my 2 days back. Maybe you should write the Society and ask for them back.

• blondie
  • Odrade
    Odrade
    By the way, I would want my 2 days back. Maybe you should write the Society and ask for them back.

LMAO!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit